Club Touareg Forum banner

161 - 180 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was able to complete the update of the maps and activation of the update no problems.
It did take a while to download the 14GB file and I had to change the laptop to keep it from going to sleep and interrupting the download. But works great with the instructions in this post. Thanks All & yrktreg!!
I found an 32GB SD card and a USB reader at MicroCenter for $7.99. Can't beat that by much as the price of this significant upgrade. I had experienced the other issues that the firmware upgrade also fixed (HDRadio switching from stereo to mono), so I'm super pleased with this install.

·
Registered
430 Posts
^son of a bitch.. you guys are right.. my HDRadio no longer kicks on/off w/ this new firmware!! My Tiguan used to do the same damn thing though, so I wasn't sure if it was a legit. reception issue or firmware issue. I bet the Tiguan needed firmware updates too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hoping for a quick answer. Doing this as I write. Do I need to turn off the vehicle (ie remove the key between the nav update and activation? Or leave it turned on while I rewrite my SD card?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Soo.... when I returned to my car, the stereo had returned to the tuner and I did not have to press anything. I turned the vehicle off and reformatted the SD card with the "activation" files. NOTHING has happened. Have I bricked my head unit?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hoping for a quick answer. Doing this as I write. Do I need to turn off the vehicle (ie remove the key between the nav update and activation? Or leave it turned on while I rewrite my SD card?
It doesn’t matter, the media system does it’s own reset. Make sure you follow the pdf instructions precisely.
When you get to the bit where the media screen shows “Navigation data not activated. Please contact your dealer”
you can turn the ignition on and off while you program the activation card.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Soo.... when I returned to my car, the stereo had returned to the tuner and I did not have to press anything. I turned the vehicle off and reformatted the SD card with the "activation" files. NOTHING has happened. Have I bricked my head unit?
Try using your navigation. it probably won’t work but everything else should be ok. It’s only the maps that haven’t been activated.
In the pdf instructions it says to leave the SD slot empty, turn the RNS system on and wait at least 5 minutes. Then switch ignition on and wait another 2 minutes before inserting the activation SD into slot 1. Then it restarts itself and everything should be done.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Try using your navigation. it probably won’t work but everything else should be ok. It’s only the maps that haven’t been activated.
In the pdf instructions it says to leave the SD slot empty, turn the RNS system on and wait at least 5 minutes. Then switch ignition on and wait another 2 minutes before inserting the activation SD into slot 1. Then it restarts itself and everything should be done.
The pdf is in the files you downloaded.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ended up giving up last night. This morning I followed the above instructions, and the "activation" never caused a restart. Nav works, but I think it is the old map yet. I'll reload and give it another shot tomorrow.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Something to check : Make sure you rename the memory card with the activation name.

Also you can check the version number in the system setting see if the upgrade worked.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Something to check : Make sure you rename the memory card with the activation name.

Also you can check the version number in the system setting see if the upgrade worked.
Pretty confident I did the proper renaming. How do I check the version? Also my system had done a complete reboot after the map update, radio was playing. I didn't touch anything.

·
Registered
26 Posts
To check the version number:
SETUP > System > Version information

Check that the “Media version“ number is 0711 or a higher number. If not you need to update the media version before this navigation update will work. See other threads for that.

If the Navigation Database update was successful it will end in:
NAR 6.16.2

·
Registered
19 Posts

Check that the “Media version“ number is 0711 or a higher number. If not you need to update the media version before this navigation update will work. See other threads for that.

If the Navigation Database update was successful it will end in:
NAR 6.16.2
So, I'm updated?

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello guys. I first want to thank all of those who created and maintained this thread alive. I just purchased a 2017 Wolfsburg and just recovered from endless quarrels trying to get a map update which they would never do (400$ for the map and 500$ for the install). Can you imagine. I sort of knew what I was getting into since I had the same experience on my previous 2016 Tiguan RLine. Looking forward to applying v12 as the process seems to be straightforward enough. Will sure read all thread posts before I proceed. I sure don't want to brick the radio in what is my absolute last gas vehicle. Thanks again, Denis, Montreal.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Having some trouble with my update. Formatted card to fat 32. Names files according to the directions. It does say its a File Folder but I would imagine thats the way its supposed to be. Getting ..The medium is currently not available. Path: ...and thats it. My software is MU933. I would imagine thats ok right? Thanks for any help. I seem to struggle with computers so it could just be user error.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What is the current version of the in-car media system?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Your version is newer than mine (P0711) and I've not seen anyone report issues with newer versions, so we should check your SD card and files...

Sorry if this is obvious, but good the check the whole process:
When you downloaded the zip file you should have a V12.zip file.
Right click to "Extract All" with the result you have a V12 folder and subfolders (see image)

When you format your SD card to FAT32 you need to give the card the volume label: 7P6051236BF.

Follow directions in the "Instructions" text document:
Format SD card with fat32 and then rename to: 7P6051236BF

Open the 7P6051236BF folder and copy all of the contents directly to the root of the SD card (not inside any folders)

The SD Card should look like the attached picture in regards to the files inside of it when you click on it

If you have followed all of these instructions is should work.
Let us know.

Attachments

161 - 180 of 205 Posts