Club Touareg Forum banner

141 - 160 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
^Mark there is a link a few pages back (in fact I think I reposted t) that still works

·
Registered
464 Posts
Have your tried the dropbox link listed in post #49. This worked for me. I downloaded loaded and installed in a few weeks ago. I’ve cut and pasted a link here too:
thanks guys im still having issues...says network error everytime i try and download

·
Registered
464 Posts
It t

The zip file is very large and you need a reliable fast network. I couldn’t get it at home but I was able to download it at my work.
it doesnt even try....im pretty sure my internet is fast enough it speed test at 300mb/s

·
Registered
29 Posts
it doesnt even try....im pretty sure my internet is fast enough it speed test at 300mb/s
I just tested it and it started to download for me: attached is a screen-shot. Maybe manually type in the dropbox link address, or maybe your internet browser has a block on downloading large files.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I just tested it and it started to download for me: attached is a screen-shot. Maybe manually type in the dropbox link address, or maybe your internet browser has a block on downloading large files.
View attachment 234988
humm okay weird ill keep trying.

Reactions: TimSym

·
Registered
1,299 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Rats... That's too bad. Might have been able to help.
Sorry.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Can you tell/show me how? (I'm not technology savvy)
i wish i could...i thought i was decent tech savvy but im having no luck getting my rns850 to see the sd card.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i wish i could...i thought i was decent tech savvy but im having no luck getting my rns850 to see the sd card.
@Palmetto. I'll try to share information from my successful experience, that worked for me, and hopefully it will help to identify why the car is not recognising your SD card: (sorry if this is obvious to some, but my philosophy is that its always worth checking when this don't work as they should)

I bought a 32G Sandisk SD card specifically for this. I am not expert but I've heard that some systems cannot recognise larger memory cards.
I took care to format the SD card to FAT32 and gave the memory card the name described in the text file:
"Format SD card with fat32 and then rename to:7P6051236BF"

Make sure all of the files are stored on the SD card exactly as extracted:
Map Folder.jpg

Hopefully there is some difference here that enables you to get your system upgraded.

·
Registered
464 Posts
@Palmetto. I'll try to share information from my successful experience, that worked for me, and hopefully it will help to identify why the car is not recognising your SD card: (sorry if this is obvious to some, but my philosophy is that its always worth checking when this don't work as they should)

I bought a 32G Sandisk SD card specifically for this. I am not expert but I've heard that some systems cannot recognise larger memory cards.
I took care to format the SD card to FAT32 and gave the memory card the name described in the text file:
"Format SD card with fat32 and then rename to:7P6051236BF"

Make sure all of the files are stored on the SD card exactly as extracted:
View attachment 235136

Hopefully there is some difference here that enables you to get your system upgraded.
thank you sir...i went and bought a 32gb for that reason but no luck....i then did as you said and copied the map files straight to the sd car and renamed the sd card 7P6051236BF and bingo it is loading right now...thanks again

Reactions: TimSym

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the updates took a while to download, but the install went smoothly. That should keep me happy for a while.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just updated my 2012 touareg firmware
I went from version 0319 to version 0711
I used this link to download it: MEGA
I then inserted a 32gb sd card. I formatted it at a mandatory fat32
I then unzipped the downloaded file from above and placed it into the SD card (unzipped version only)
I then followed post 101 to a T (download the PDF, read instructions) and after maybe 20-30 minutes the new firmware was up and operational. I had to resync my cellphone which took seconds. New firmware is fast and fluid. Seems to be a few more options over the old 0319 version. I'll test reverse cam response and connection time to Bluetooth phone tomorrow (this delay was pretty long on original firmware)
I'll also attempt the maps update tomorrow and reply.
yrktrg, thanks a million so far (and everybody else thats helping)
Thanks!!! I just updated my radio from 319 to 711! These instructions worked great and very easy.

141 - 160 of 236 Posts