Club Touareg Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
If I was to get an android unit i'd look at this one:
www.aliexpress.com

US $527.2 20% OFF|Android 9 64+4G Tesla With DSP Carplay Car Multimedia Player Stereo For Volkswagen Touareg 2011 2015 Auto Radio GPS Navigation-in Car Multimedia Player from Automobiles & Motorcycles on AliExpress
Smarter Shopping, Better Living! Aliexpress.com
www.aliexpress.com
www.aliexpress.com

The only downside it that it doesn't work with dynaudio which is a deal breaker for me.
I'm asking why, and also if they would be interested in a group buy.

And of course about the heated steering wheel control :)

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
I just completed the new map update. The instructions are very precise. Thanks again to all who have contributed to this and mostly to the map guru yrktreg. I did notice that after the firmware update the green menu that was activated before no longer seem to work does anyone have any ideas?
Yes the settings get reset with the update

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas why I can't install the Maps update. I did follow the directions correctly. Formatted my 32gb SD card fat 32. Named the volume. All files are copied into the root.

I can get through the setup process(setup recognizes the car and it shows the correct NAR version that I'm trying to install from SD1). It seems to start the setup process, but after 1 reboot, after 5 minutes, it seems to just finish the whole process early. I then click through (cancel documentation step), and after another reboot, i check the version, and it's still the old NAR version.

Any ideas on why I seem to be able to get into the setup process ok, but something seems to make it stop short?
Do you have all of the files in the root of the maps SD?
Did you install activation SD files first instead of maps?

I have screen shots of what both SD card folder/ file system should look like to try and make it easier...

121 - 131 of 131 Posts