Club Touareg Forum banner

81 - 100 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for the files. Started off trying to download using DSL (we can't get that fancy fiber), gave up after kicking out at 5 hr. Learned lessons on the limitations of FAT32. But once finally downloaded, followed the instructions and all worked well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What is the best way to check your current software version and maps version? I have the ability to load the green screen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Won't work, as there are no mac file systems included
I have a 2017 FSI with the RNS855. The settings show HN+_US_VW_P0739 and 6.14.2.
This is Sept 2019. Would there be updates to apply? My VW dealer in California won't discuss my questions and has no advice about whether an update is available or how to do it.
Can you comment about any newer versions for navigation and such? I've not figured out how to edit entries in the destination directory either. Some are wrong and need to be corrected. Do you know how to do this?
Thanks in advance, Roy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Need help this update is driving me nuts.. I download the zip file and unzipped it. I see no directions and when I put the SD card in the RNS850 i get an error that mentioned "path" . Do I have the folders in the wrong places? See picture below.
Thank you!
IMG_20190923_180816.jpg
any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
52 Posts
alright , I really appreciate it ! Done it and it works.
Thx to the good community we have.
Now I need a vcds to enable the green menu :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great idea! Yes i've had a few people try, and your spot on something doesn't unzip correctly so it changes the file size which it caught by the checksum so no bueno
Needs to be copied to a FAT32 formatted SD Card and the volumes named correctly. I think MAPS card volume named : 7P6051236BF (i don't know if this is version related)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there guys, just saw this post and my system is at v544, I still got the old 2013 maps, can anyone tell me where I can get the FW update and maps updates please? dealer looks at me like if I'm from space when I ask about the update... I've got a 2013 TDI Treg and I'm in Canada. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there guys, just saw this post and my system is at v544, I still got the old 2013 maps, can anyone tell me where I can get the FW update and maps updates please? dealer looks at me like if I'm from space when I ask about the update... I've got a 2013 TDI Treg and I'm in Canada. Thanks guys.
Look at post #5 in this thread (very first page right below the initial post) - can't post links yet.

·
Registered
300 Posts
So I'm confused, what's the order of installation here
1- maps update
2- firmware update?

The maps seems straight forward.. Download file, use native unzip utility, copy to a 32gb SSD in fat32 format, and the nav unit will auto install once inserted?

The firmware update.. I'm going to check my version in a few minutes, but how does one do this update? I get that it takes 3 hours and you need steady power source

·
Registered
69 Posts
Need help this update is driving me nuts.. I download the zip file and unzipped it. I see no directions and when I put the SD card in the RNS850 i get an error that mentioned "path" . Do I have the folders in the wrong places? See picture below.
Thank you! View attachment 233415 any help is appreciated!
Did you figure out the problem I have the exact same message. What did you do to fix it? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
So I'm confused, what's the order of installation here
1- maps update
2- firmware update?

The maps seems straight forward.. Download file, use native unzip utility, copy to a 32gb SSD in fat32 format, and the nav unit will auto install once inserted?

The firmware update.. I'm going to check my version in a few minutes, but how does one do this update? I get that it takes 3 hours and you need steady power source
From what I have read you need to do the firmware update first and it needs to be 711 or higher. Then maps then activation. Be very careful and follow the instructions or you could ruin your radio!!! I am having a problem getting my firmware to update there seems to be an error in the path. This could be as simple as the name on the SD card but not sure?

·
Registered
300 Posts
From what I have read you need to do the firmware update first and it needs to be 711 or higher. Then maps then activation. Be very careful and follow the instructions or you could ruin your radio!!! I am having a problem getting my firmware to update there seems to be an error in the path. This could be as simple as the name on the SD card but not sure?
Can I have the instructions for the firmware upgrade? Or are they bundled into the download file?

81 - 100 of 198 Posts