Club Touareg Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got the download and extracted the files and plan to do it later.
What I want to do is to get the latest firmware for the RNS850 .
What I got when I pushed the buttons to enter the engineering Current Software Version was:

Most software version VW

MU Software: 0319

How far behind is this and what does it take to get the latest?

I am trying to post 15 posts so that I can PM yrktreg to see if he can di the updating and maybe look over my "new" 2012 TDI Exec on our way back to Florida from Ohio so that I don't have to learn on this first try.

I just updated my 2012 from 0319 using the .iso image from fincher

mrpdf.com/_4AQwpopEoQ9wxR

I downloaded the one on this thread but ended up using that one but it's a little more complicated. The instructions were surprisingly hard to put together so here's what I did:

1. download an iso mounting program (I used DaemonTools free version)
  2. mount the iso
  3. copy all of the folders and files directly to your SDcard's root directory
  4. turn on your VW and let the head unit completely start up
  5. press phone + setup together to get to the update screen
  6. press update then SDcard 1 (left slot)
  7. let it search the card and it should pop up for V711
  8. Click through buttons -> bunch of restarts -> should be good
You can burn the iso to a CD but I went with the 32gb SDcard so I can then do the maps next. They're too big for a CD or DVD.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Windows 7 and later has ISO mounting built in- no need to download and install another tool. Just right click on the image and select 'Mount'.
Huh, didn't know that. Haven't messed with isos in a long time, hell, haven't had a CD drive in a long time either. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I downloaded a file from a NZ site and it is a zipped file with two folders and a text file.
How are these handled in creating a .iso file?
perhaps I have the wrong file?
Where would I find the file from Fincher?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I downloaded a file from a NZ site and it is a zipped file with two folders and a text file.
How are these handled in creating a .iso file?
perhaps I have the wrong file?
Where would I find the file from Fincher?

Thanks in advance.
I can't post links but you should be able to copy this and put it in your search bar for fincher's file:

The way I made an SD card update is a few posts above yours. Someone mentioned you can mount an iso in Windows without an extra program, probably by right clicking the iso file.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I can't post links but you should be able to copy this and put it in your search bar for fincher's file:

I tried MRPDF, but it takes a password to get in so I found another site in NZ that had the file.

The way I made an SD card update is a few posts above yours. Someone mentioned you can mount an iso in Windows without an extra program, probably by right clicking the iso file.
I tried right clicking in my windows 10, but I was never able to get any reference to building or mounting ISO files.

I downloaded a program to do that, however.
]I have one more question:
I had a folder that I downloaded which contained two folders and another file.
I converter the highest folder to the ISO file, but should the individual file folders be loaded or the main one?
The main folder contains folder 1 and folder 2 and Metainfo2.
How to handle this?

I am a little nervous on attempting to load firmware without understanding the build process a little better.
I would hate to have an expensive brick for a doorstop or chock for my camper

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried right clicking in my windows 10, but I was never able to get any reference to building or mounting ISO files.

I downloaded a program to do that, however.
]I have one more question:
I had a folder that I downloaded which contained two folders and another file.
I converter the highest folder to the ISO file, but should the individual file folders be loaded or the main one?
The main folder contains folder 1 and folder 2 and Metainfo2.
How to handle this?

I am a little nervous on attempting to load firmware without understanding the build process a little better.
I would hate to have an expensive brick for a doorstop or chock for my camper

Yeah, I was a bit nervous, too, since they're are two well known members with firmware that have completely different folder structures. I'm uploading a zip to Google Drive that has the files as I used them. Hopefully I can post a link to download them but if not, send me a PM (can't do that either) and I'll send you it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the forums. Just purchased a Touareg this week.

I'm downloading the files from this thread as we speak and will have a go at installing the updates. I'm fairly technical, so hope this all goes well!

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's strange. I went through this process while my car was on a battery tender.

I turned the car off (waiting about 5 mins before putting the key back in),

Put the Activation SD Card in Slot one (ensuring there is nothing in slot two or the CD drive),

Flipped the key to on (without starting the engine),

Waited about two minutes then this notification cleared and the Nav screen popped up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does it matter if you use a 64 gig card?
It does matter the size of the SD card. What matters is that it is Formatted to FAT32 and has enough room to hold all the data. The data for mine was over 32 GB. So I had to use a 64 that I pulled from my Drone. You may be able to pluck some data off that you won't need, but I would pony up the 10 bucks for a larger SD card capacity.

·
Registered
150 Posts
That's strange. I went through this process while my car was on a battery tender.

I turned the car off (waiting about 5 mins before putting the key back in),

Put the Activation SD Card in Slot one (ensuring there is nothing in slot two or the CD drive),

Flipped the key to on (without starting the engine),

Waited about two minutes then this notification cleared and the Nav screen popped up.
I’ll try again today.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

New owner here. Learning about the car and all the associated technology.

Can anyone give me an overview on when/if V13 map data might be released?

Is there some annual release date the Whereis folks blew by without giving us an update?

Thanks!
Richard

·
Registered
2 Posts
So we still haven't seen the V13 version of the north american maps come out yet.

I'm still hopeful that it could still come.

But rather than charge people for the V12 maps update, I decided to give back the my favorite community.

You will need the following:
0711 firmware or higher
32gb high speed SD card
battery charger and/ or enough fuel to have your vehicle running for 3 hours
a windows PC using the native unzip utility to unzip the folder

The instructions are inside of the zipped folder.

This link is good for ~7 days, i'll keep uploading and posting new links to keep this going...
Enjoy my friends :grin2:

https://fil.email/fiCISueW
would you mind uploading the files again? I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bit the bullet and installed the firmware and maps in my 2012 TDI Exec yesterday.
I hooked up a battery charger to keep the battery up and the only problem I has was it started raining and I was using a charger/maintainer that would let the voltage get higher than I wanted after the battery was charged.
After the update I did a VCDS auto scan and found a few problems.
A couple of the modules recorded a high voltage fault, but they recovered when cleared.
The Infotainment.
Here is the scan of that module:
Tuesday,20,August,2019,16:44:29:25118
VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64
VCDS Version: 19.6.1.0 (x64) HEX-V2 CB: 0.4508.4
Data version: 20190529 DS308.0
www.Ross-Tech.com

VIN: WVGFK9BP6CD001603 License Plate: CONNIE1
Mileage: 99956 Repair Order: 006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 5F: Information Electr. Labels: 4E0-035-6xx-5F.clb
Control Module Part Number: 7P6 035 664 D HW: 7P6 035 664
Component and/or Version: H-BN-NA H44 0706
Software Coding: 020200050040E1EF41022B0E00000003F00001010000000000
Work Shop Code: WSC 31414 790 00001
VCID: 392F2D76195FB32FCD7-806C
3 Faults Found:

03276 - Please Check Software Version Management
000 - -
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100000
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 88
Mileage: 160868 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2019.08.20
Time: 16:40:11

Freeze Frame:
Text: DUA001,Front,M,0,0,6

03175 - Invalid Data Set
000 - -
Freeze Frame:
Fault Priority: 2
Time: 16:40:09

Freeze Frame:
Voltage: 14.00 V

03623 - Invalid Security/Release Code
000 - -
Freeze Frame:
Fault Priority: 6
Time: 16:40:10

Freeze Frame:
Hex Value: 0x0004
Hex Value: 0x0009
Count: 7

Address 5F: DTCs cleared
I assume that this has to do with the cracked authorization code etc.
Does anyone know how to clear this or is it best to just leave it and enjoy the maps?
I assume that everything will just keep on working.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tried the link this morning and got this message:

Sorry, but this transfer expired July 21, 2019 12:11 AM

The files have been permanently removed from our servers. They cannot be recovered. You have to ask the sender to send the files again if you need to access them.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts
About this Discussion
86 Replies
33 Participants
TurboABA
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing