I got the download and extracted the files and plan to do it later.
What I want to do is to get the latest firmware for the RNS850 .
What I got when I pushed the buttons to enter the engineering Current Software Version was:
Most software version VW
MU Software: 0319
How far behind is this and what does it take to get the latest?
I am trying to post 15 posts so that I can PM yrktreg to see if he can di the updating and maybe look over my "new" 2012 TDI Exec on our way back to Florida from Ohio so that I don't have to learn on this first try.
I just updated my 2012 from 0319 using the .iso image from fincher
I downloaded the one on this thread but ended up using that one but it's a little more complicated. The instructions were surprisingly hard to put together so here's what I did:
- download an iso mounting program (I used DaemonTools free version)
- mount the iso
- copy all of the folders and files directly to your SDcard's root directory
- turn on your VW and let the head unit completely start up
- press phone + setup together to get to the update screen
- press update then SDcard 1 (left slot)
- let it search the card and it should pop up for V711
- Click through buttons -> bunch of restarts -> should be good