Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have instructions for firmware update procedure? I am at 0170. I assume just get to Engineering mode and do Software update with an sd card? I downloaded the 711 firmware from this thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did the firmware update. Went from P0170 to K0711. It made my phone list populate now. It wouldn't before. And it beeps now if Im using bluetooth and got to voice text on my phone. It didn't before. You had to look at the phone to see it was ready to text. Haven't noticed much more yet. But my maps continue to work. Didn't do the map update yet. For firmware just go to Engineering mode and and update. It reboots a bunch of times and at one point it comes to a menu. I hit continue and then cancel documentation I believe and it continued from there.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I would love to see the link for the download reposted. I was traveling @yrktreg posted the original, I saw it when I got home only to have the link expire halfway through my download of the maps.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got the download and extracted the files and plan to do it later.
What I want to do is to get the latest firmware for the RNS850 .
What I got when I pushed the buttons to enter the engineering Current Software Version was:

Most software version VW

MU Software: 0319

How far behind is this and what does it take to get the latest?

I am trying to post 15 posts so that I can PM yrktreg to see if he can di the updating and maybe look over my "new" 2012 TDI Exec on our way back to Florida from Ohio so that I don't have to learn on this first try.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks yrktreg!
Updated firmware, maps and activcated! No errors.

One question for anyone, does it take long to calculate route or is it just in first use?

Cheers!

·
Registered
165 Posts
It usually takes about 5? seconds for an 80 mile route. Maybe a couple seconds longer for more than 1K mile.
Are you in a place with a clear view of the sky for a good GPS fix?

Thanks yrktreg!
Updated firmware, maps and activcated! No errors.

One question for anyone, does it take long to calculate route or is it just in first use?

Cheers!

41 - 60 of 87 Posts
About this Discussion
86 Replies
33 Participants
TurboABA
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing