Club Touareg Forum banner
361 - 380 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Touareg TDI Executive
8 Posts
Thanks to yrktreg and all who have shared their experience and answered the many (repeated) questions! :)

I did the update while driving on a 4-hour road trip. The whole process took ~2.5 hours. I did not turn the engine off or press any infotainment center buttons during that time aside from what the PDF instructions told me to do. Only "discrepancies" I experienced was at one point my screen had a "Continue" button where the PDF said a "Next" button, and the process took ~150 minutes while the PDF said 70-90 minutes. Needless to say, I easily navigated those hanging curveballs. ;)

Recap for those finding this thread for the first time:
-search the thread for one of the many files shares that others have posted (the more recent the more likely it's still active and available to download from)
-follow the instructional PDF exactly is it instructs (many of the questions in this thread are already addressed in the PDF: mac unzip issues, firmware > K0711, 32GB sd card, sd card file structure, etc.)
-if after a thorough read of the PDF you still have a question, by all means post for the rest of us to benefit!

Now it's time for me to find my EBC plug per this thread.

Loving this forum. Thanks,
~Cj

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have VCDS go into radio long coding and change the coding to correct the issue.
Hi, I've got 2013 model with Dynaudio - just updated P0535 to P0824, but sound is kind of worse than it was before. I did user-defined FW installation and in order to have "Y" for AMP_LC_V module (I think ST10 - - Amplifier Application/Amplifier Bootloader), I needed to select checkbox for its bootloader. When I tried to downgrade to K0821 in user-defined mode, again I needed to select the same checkbox for bootloader of AMP_LC_V and installation failed with error "The following devices are not responding: AMP_LC_V". Do you have any idea how to fix this? Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Although our maps aren't perfectly up to date, I do like having the SiriusXM traffic service for major road information updated on the in dash map. Well, three times over the last few years I called SiriusXM for a Traffic Only subscription. They could never do it "Music/Sports Bundle" was the only thing they wanted to sell me - this is one of the worst companies to do business with but for ****s and giggles I tried one more time last week and they actually sold me for $10/year the traffic data service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just purchased a 2013 Touareg with older firmware still on the RNS850 head. I am going to try updating first the firmware, then the maps and finally do the activation as sugggested on these forums. Anyone know where I can get the K0711 firmware update with a link that has not yet expired? Seems most of the links to the firmware have expired or been removed for some reason.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just purchased a 2013 Touareg with older firmware still on the RNS850 head. I am going to try updating first the firmware, then the maps and finally do the activation as sugggested on these forums. Anyone know where I can get the K0711 firmware update with a link that has not yet expired? Seems most of the links to the firmware have expired or been removed for some reason.
Post #347

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick question, and thanks so much everyone for posting these files. Seems like a much more chill crowd here than vwvortex lol. Anywho, I have an rns510 with a dying hard drive. Have a drive from an old laptop I can use once I format it, but when you do that you have to have firmware and maps disc to load to the fresh format. I have firmware disc I made, but no maps other than the ones on the failing hdd, which aren't of much use. Before I spend the day or two to download the huge file, just wondering is the map file the same for the 850 and 510? I know 850s load from sd card and my 510 has to use a dual layer dvd, so not sure. Hoping it will work bc not trying to buy a 200$ map disc for something old I'm trying to revive from the dead, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok, I have read through this thread numerous times but still have a question that I hope will be answered.

my 2013 TDI still has original firmware and maps, 0544 is the version.
I understand I need to 1) update firmware 2) download newest USA maps and 3) run activation.
It appears that the files are downloaded to 2 SD Cards, one for Maps and one for Activation.

Where is the firmware located? In with the Maps SD? Basically how do I go from 0544 to the latest firmware???

I clearly am missing the obvious. Please help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok, I have read through this thread numerous times but still have a question that I hope will be answered.

my 2013 TDI still has original firmware and maps, 0544 is the version.
I understand I need to 1) update firmware 2) download newest USA maps and 3) run activation.
It appears that the files are downloaded to 2 SD Cards, one for Maps and one for Activation.

Where is the firmware located? In with the Maps SD? Basically how do I go from 0544 to the latest firmware???

I clearly am missing the obvious. Please help.
Post #347

·
Registered
13 Posts
Post #347
I think I understand. Post 347 deals with the firmware update that will take me from the old 0544 to 0711. Your link to V12 drive is for maps and activation, right?
Do I just copy the firmware files to a separate SD card in a similar manner as described for maps, etc.?

I truly appreciate your help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone have an active link for this? The Megadownload link keeps hitting a quota limit and the google drive one keeps coming through corrupted.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just downloaded the Google Drive link, worked fine. I could probably create a torrent file if you're interested...
Thanks for the thought. I dug around at home instead of on my laptop and found where I had it from my last reg last year on my desktop

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does anyone have the instructions for the map update they can post or share? I have the nav SD card and the activation SD, but no instructions. This is for a US 2015 with the RNS850.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,047 Posts
Does anyone have the instructions for the map update they can post or share? I have the nav SD card and the activation SD, but no instructions. This is for a US 2015 with the RNS850.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Keep in mind the map update can take an hour or more so keep a stable external voltage supply for the battery so it doesn't go low and cause an interruption of the update and possibly brick your RNS850. You could also keep the vehicle running the whole time but with todays fuel prices you might not want to.
Also The latest update for North America is already outdated by a few years.

361 - 380 of 385 Posts