Club Touareg Forum banner
361 - 369 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Touareg TDI Executive
7 Posts
Thanks to yrktreg and all who have shared their experience and answered the many (repeated) questions! :)

I did the update while driving on a 4-hour road trip. The whole process took ~2.5 hours. I did not turn the engine off or press any infotainment center buttons during that time aside from what the PDF instructions told me to do. Only "discrepancies" I experienced was at one point my screen had a "Continue" button where the PDF said a "Next" button, and the process took ~150 minutes while the PDF said 70-90 minutes. Needless to say, I easily navigated those hanging curveballs. ;)

Recap for those finding this thread for the first time:
-search the thread for one of the many files shares that others have posted (the more recent the more likely it's still active and available to download from)
-follow the instructional PDF exactly is it instructs (many of the questions in this thread are already addressed in the PDF: mac unzip issues, firmware > K0711, 32GB sd card, sd card file structure, etc.)
-if after a thorough read of the PDF you still have a question, by all means post for the rest of us to benefit!

Now it's time for me to find my EBC plug per this thread.

Loving this forum. Thanks,
~Cj

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have VCDS go into radio long coding and change the coding to correct the issue.
Hi, I've got 2013 model with Dynaudio - just updated P0535 to P0824, but sound is kind of worse than it was before. I did user-defined FW installation and in order to have "Y" for AMP_LC_V module (I think ST10 - - Amplifier Application/Amplifier Bootloader), I needed to select checkbox for its bootloader. When I tried to downgrade to K0821 in user-defined mode, again I needed to select the same checkbox for bootloader of AMP_LC_V and installation failed with error "The following devices are not responding: AMP_LC_V". Do you have any idea how to fix this? Thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Although our maps aren't perfectly up to date, I do like having the SiriusXM traffic service for major road information updated on the in dash map. Well, three times over the last few years I called SiriusXM for a Traffic Only subscription. They could never do it "Music/Sports Bundle" was the only thing they wanted to sell me - this is one of the worst companies to do business with but for ****s and giggles I tried one more time last week and they actually sold me for $10/year the traffic data service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just purchased a 2013 Touareg with older firmware still on the RNS850 head. I am going to try updating first the firmware, then the maps and finally do the activation as sugggested on these forums. Anyone know where I can get the K0711 firmware update with a link that has not yet expired? Seems most of the links to the firmware have expired or been removed for some reason.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just purchased a 2013 Touareg with older firmware still on the RNS850 head. I am going to try updating first the firmware, then the maps and finally do the activation as sugggested on these forums. Anyone know where I can get the K0711 firmware update with a link that has not yet expired? Seems most of the links to the firmware have expired or been removed for some reason.
Post #347

361 - 369 of 369 Posts