Club Touareg Forum banner

241 - 260 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
In theory yes you could probably do it while you are driving but be very certain to not turn that ignition off or interrupt the process or you will be boned
Understood. Thank you. I'll likely drive to my destination and do the full update in the driveway. Just waiting on my SD and trickle battery to arrive 😁

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good evening,

i have been able to update the firmware to 0711 but the v12.zip is giving errors on the last files when I unzip (using 7zip) the download... also, it does not look to contain the VW folder that was posted by TimSym.

Anybody else having issues with the Dropbox zip file? Can someone who was successful share the files again?

Thanks

Daniel
Touareg TDI 2013 Execline

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks, I will give it a try and let you know how it works for me.
Download completed normally. Was able to open and extract all files using native Windows 10 features (right-click extract all). Creating the SD cards now. Stay tuned, another update after I try the maps in the Treg. BTW the dropbox download was not completing properly now that I compare the file size with the Meta download.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Download completed normally. Was able to open and extract all files using native Windows 10 features (right-click extract all). Creating the SD cards now. Stay tuned, another update after I try the maps in the Treg. BTW the dropbox download was not completing properly now that I compare the file size with the Meta download.
Map update done and works perfectly. The entire process took 2 hours 50 minutes... It looks like I could not get the Dropbox file keeping its integrity... but the Meta download did work flawlessly. Also, the instructions provided by yrktreg and the feedback from this forum made it for me. Thanks everyone.

FYI, I am attaching a screenshot of the two downloads where the smallest file is from Dropbox and the larger from Meta...:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I updated maps and went to firmware version K0821 and something terrible went wrong. Long story short is I lost all the fonts throughout the radio and the satellite radio. Tried reinstalling with no success in fixing this. Tried stepping back to V0711, denied. If anyone can be of assistance it would be much appreciated. Details below:

2013 VW Touareg, located in So Cal
MU Version 0934
Firmware HN+_EU_VW_K0821
Using a VCDS cable for "green screen" access

Thanks,
Brandon

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Where did you get k0821? Is it compatible with this unit?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Yes, sorry, Brandon, it looks like you’ve managed to load a European spec vehicle media operating system into a North American spec vehicle computer... No wonder things aren’t working, and who knows what else may be affected!
Yikes!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Ohhh it's a Euro-spec firmware.. thats definitely not going to work on an NA specced unit.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Nope, based my knowledge of electrical systems I'm wagering that unit is hosed and you'll have to buy a new one

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I wouldn't think it's bricked. You'll probably be able to bring it back (flash it to another region) with ODIS/VAS and a new license activation.... So don't know if you can do that without incurring costs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I downloaded the firmware update.
Copied it to a 32gb SD card formatted as FAT32
Extracted the files on the card.
Placed the card in the SD1 card reader.
Powered up the car in accessory mode.
Entered the engineering screens.
Went to update.
Selected SD1.

I can't remember the error but it was something to the effect of invalid path. I can see all of the files and directories on the SD card using my Mac. But it won't update the Touareg.

No instructions were included with the firmware update.

Any clues?

Thanks,
James.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I downloaded the firmware update.
Copied it to a 32gb SD card formatted as FAT32
Extracted the files on the card.
Placed the card in the SD1 card reader.
Powered up the car in accessory mode.
Entered the engineering screens.
Went to update.
Selected SD1.

I can't remember the error but it was something to the effect of invalid path. I can see all of the files and directories on the SD card using my Mac. But it won't update the Touareg.

No instructions were included with the firmware update.

Any clues?

Thanks,
James.
You have to do it on a Windows PC or a Mac running Windows bootcamp. I did the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

241 - 260 of 271 Posts