221 - 233 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
These are the codes I get.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you yrktreg for providing the files and instruction (pg49).

Thank you chewblekka for the links for fault code 03276, 03175 and 03623 fixes.

In case the first link information goes missing, the authors "Super Special Calculator" is just an XOR of VCDS Count with decimal 51666.
"Super Special" is just tongue-in-cheek. You can calculate this with any online XOR calculator if you had to.

·
Registered
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
1 Posts
I recently purchased a 2011 Touareg Lux TDI for my wife, it had just been fixed up for the emissions recall. I've been lurking here a while and have read this entire thread in order to update the firmware and maps on the nav unit. I just wanted to give many thanks to yrktreg for putting together such a great tutorial. I followed the instructions to the letter, and everything went as smooth as could be. I'm looking forward to learning more about this wonderful vehicle through this forum. Many thanks to all.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello,

Can someone please help me out with my maps update? I am having the same issue as someone else who posted upstream, but did not get a resolution. Here is what I am sure of:

* V711
*Currently on NAR 6.8.2
*Downloaded Map files to root of card and labelled correctly 7P6051236BF - verified file contents against yktreg's photo
*32 GB SD card formatted to FAT32
*All media drives in the car were empty, except for SD1 which had my map card installed and ready to go

1) Everything went well per yktreg's PDF instructions, and in particular: Navipersistence was "OK", and my Infotainment system had no codes prior to starting.

2) Got near the end of the instructions, when the download should have started for 70-90 minutes, but it appears that the process aborted after a reboot, and I was sent back to my radio and all other infotainment functions worked as per normal. Tried to update maps several times, and had the same results, with no indication that the download was occurring while the radio showed and played music.

3) On subsequent attempts I noticed that I now have an "N" next to Navipersistence instead of an "OK", and I also now have an 03623 Error Code (Invalid Security) code that cannot be cleared by my OBD2 (actually, it can be cleared and then returns 5 seconds later). Version check still shows that I am on NAR 6.8.2

I have no idea what the issue is or what surprises I will find going forward, but I would love to solve this and get updated if anyone has some advice (yktreg, are you out there somewhere!?)

Thanks for any helpful input. Happy Canada Day (or maybe not....haha). Dan.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have you tried loading the “activation” SD files?
If the map update files got loaded successfully (about 3 hours for my 2014 Touareg) then It’s possible that the new update is just waiting to be activated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have you tried loading the “activation” SD files?
If the map update files got loaded successfully (about 3 hours for my 2014 Touareg) then It’s possible that the new update is just waiting to be activated.
Hi Tim. Thanks for coming to my assistance. The whole process, before kicking back to radio, took about 4 minutes, so I doubt that the maps loaded.

I’m afraid that I may have made a critical mistake, which is so unlike me. I mislabeled my SD cards and started the process with the activation card, which is an obvious no-no. Upon install of the activation card, I got an error message generally suggesting that the card could not be used, so I removed it and discovered that it was the activation card.

It seemed to me that the system caught the error (ie: error message - can go no further), so I restarted the process with the maps card. Everything seemed fine, including the Navipersistence, which was “OK”. However, the install process aborted (at the actual point where the upload should have occurred) and went back to radio after a reboot, following the “Cancel Documentstion” screen. Now I have Navipersistence “N” and an Infotainment error message that can’t be cleared with a simple obd2 clear function; I note that this is the same error message that everyone seems to get following a successful install, and it may be attributable to a successful activation card install.

So, now I’m trying to figure out if I have a general issue, or an issue related to installing the activation card first (even though the on screen report seemed to suggest that the activation card install was unsuccessful). If it’s the activation card issue, I guess I need to see if someone knows how to reverse this. I’m so disappointed in myself right now. Im really not sure what to do, or whether to approach the dealership.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That’s very frustrating. I wonder if there is any way to reset the system. The battery is difficult to disconnect but maybe there’s a fuse that can be removed that powers the media system.
I’m no expert on the VW systems but if it was a computer then that’s what I would try to do.

We need to get it to accept the loading of the map files that relate to the activation code. I’m surprised it seems to have locked out the file loading.

Sorry I don’t have any better ideas.

From this forum I get the impression that the dealers don’t know much about the systems either, so maybe (as a last resort) you could take it in and report that the navigation is faulty and see what they say.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks Tim. I read this entire thread, and there are about 6 other people that report the exact same problem. I don’t know if they put their SD cards into the system in the wrong order or not, but it seems like that would be a large number of people to make the same (possible) mistake that I made.

I tried again last night and made note of a screen that popped up just before the system rebooted and aborted the install. Note the top right where it says “Undefined Pop-Up”. I wonder if this is a clue to what is going on.

I’ll think on this and see if anyone jumps in to help me out. Thanks again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi guys, do you know if I can do this with a Mac running Windows on Boot Camp, or will I need an actual PC? I found the link to the latest maps (post 49), however where can I get the latest RNS850 firmware for my 2014 Exec?

Thanks!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Maps and firmware should be same download

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi guys, do you know if I can do this with a Mac running Windows on Boot Camp, or will I need an actual PC? I found the link to the latest maps (post 49), however where can I get the latest RNS850 firmware for my 2014 Exec?

Thanks!
You need an actual PC running Windows.

221 - 233 of 233 Posts