Club Touareg Forum banner

201 - 220 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks Chewie for the code information. As I had two out of the three and was able to get them cleared. I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

·
Registered
118 Posts
A friend of mine sent me an email today with the screen above. He said his wife hit a button and cleared everything. Not sure that is possible but this is what he has now. I hope it is looking for the firmware update K0711 or if there is a newer firmware version K0737 not sure but I hope I can either dvd or SD card the update.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
So we still haven't seen the V13 version of the north american maps come out yet.

I'm still hopeful that it could still come.

But rather than charge people for the V12 maps update, I decided to give back the my favorite community.

You will need the following:
0711 firmware or higher
32gb high speed SD card
battery charger and/ or enough fuel to have your vehicle running for 3 hours
a windows PC using the native unzip utility to unzip the folder

The instructions are inside of the zipped folder.

This link is good for ~7 days, i'll keep uploading and posting new links to keep this going...
Enjoy my friends :grin2:

Download files - Filemail
Any Chance there is free upgrade like one about

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All, I have the files downloaded, 2 folders and a txt file, I don't see the instructions pdf anywhere in the file package. Does anyone have the instructions PDF please?
-edit-
I'm running on a mac so i'll try again on a pc and update my post (not sure how to delete a post.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well I did the update, worked well, I did require activation. My charger overheated at the 1.5h mark so I ended up idling for the last few steps. Thanks for the post, info and all the help :) to everyone who contributed to this thread!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was about to install the maps update in my 2014 Touareg today, but I decided to put that on pause and seek some feedback first. Can I ask you folks to wade in on the following:

1) Error messages: it seems that 3 error messages show up in vcds when this map update is done. I don’t really like this and was wondering if there have been comments / issues from dealerships when they download the car’s fault codes? Im still under warranty for 2 years and don’t want to jeopardize coverage. What has been peoples’ experience with this?

2) Software slow down: I’ve read the 2 related threads on this map update, for a total of 40 pages. Some people have reported very slow loading and slow operation of the RNS850 system after the update. Is this real or perceived? Can I get feedback from people on their experience?

I want to do this update, but I cooled my jets so I can get some commentary from the forum. I want to avoid issues, particularly while under warranty. I don’t have vcds, by the way. Thanks in advance. Dan.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Dan,

I have a 2014 TDI executive and did the update two weeks ago. Everything went smoothly using the files from post 49. The unit booted up great and is not sluggish compared to pre-loaded state. The unit worked great and if you didn't plug in using VCDS you wouldn't know that there was any codes/issues.

I do have some faults and after some quick googling it seems that it is possible to get these cleared. I haven't had a chance to attempt to fix them yet. See below for my scan after the install. I have my Treg in the shop now for a leaking rear main seal to be done under warranty. I doubt this will affect that but I'll let you know if they bring it up with me.

Code:
3 Faults Found:
03276 - Please Check Software Version Management
000 - -
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100000
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 56
Mileage: 157672 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2020.05.20
Time: 13:37:02

Freeze Frame:
Text: DUA001,Front,M,0,0,6

03157 - Functionality limited due to Communications Disruption
000 - -
Freeze Frame:
Time: 13:37:03

Freeze Frame:
Bin. Bits: 00000000 00000000
Bin. Bits: 00000000 00000001

03623 - Invalid Security/Release Code
000 - -
Freeze Frame:
Time: 13:37:00

Freeze Frame:
Hex Value: 0x0004
Hex Value: 0x0009
Count: 7

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys I'll do a scan and show the faults as well I cleared the 3 faults 2 times then decided I don't really care about them. I'll look once I go for a drive next and post my scan.

I'm not experiencing any sluggishness in boot no freezing either.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks nicholaschase29 and euro101. In your experience, is there any good reason not to do the update? Anyone else with feedback?

201 - 220 of 232 Posts