Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello yrktreg, I appear to be a little slow on the draw getting to this string, would there be any chance that you would be able to post a new link?

I'm new to this forum and new to the VW Touareg, I purchased a 2011 TDI Ex line and have been working on getting it up to date, and the Map is one of the big ones.
Thank you Rob
All the files and directions for both firmware and maps are here:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello, could you fine gents help me with the latest firmware (K0821?) for my 2013 Treg. I only found the map update files in the posted 14.31 GB file on MEGA
Currently, I have:
Most software version: HN+_US_VW_K0711
MU Software: 0706

Thank you much,
Pretty sure K0821 is European only, not North America, and as such will bork your unit.

I updated maps and went to firmware version K0821 and something terrible went wrong. Long story short is I lost all the fonts throughout the radio and the satellite radio. Tried reinstalling with no success in fixing this. Tried stepping back to V0711, denied. If anyone can be of assistance it would be much appreciated. Details below:

2013 VW Touareg, located in So Cal
MU Version 0934
Firmware HN+_EU_VW_K0821
Using a VCDS cable for "green screen" access

Thanks,
Brandon

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just purchased a 2013 Touareg with older firmware still on the RNS850 head. I am going to try updating first the firmware, then the maps and finally do the activation as sugggested on these forums. Anyone know where I can get the K0711 firmware update with a link that has not yet expired? Seems most of the links to the firmware have expired or been removed for some reason.
Post #347

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok, I have read through this thread numerous times but still have a question that I hope will be answered.

my 2013 TDI still has original firmware and maps, 0544 is the version.
I understand I need to 1) update firmware 2) download newest USA maps and 3) run activation.
It appears that the files are downloaded to 2 SD Cards, one for Maps and one for Activation.

Where is the firmware located? In with the Maps SD? Basically how do I go from 0544 to the latest firmware???

I clearly am missing the obvious. Please help.
Post #347

1 - 14 of 14 Posts