Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
A very generous offer, Yrktreg, thank you!! I'm not terribly computer savvy, but if I understand correctly, my 2012 TDi, should be good to go for installing this navigation update? It has (Most software version and media version) HN+_US_VW_K0711 and (Navigation database version) 8R0060884AC NAR 5.5.3
PS. I was going to use your service to reflash my TCM after I had the VW emissions recall, but I lucked into an exceptional deal on an original, untouched 2012 TCM from a wreck! Works perfectly!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Just wanted to say another huge THANK YOU! To Yrktreg!
The download, instructions and installation worked flawlessly, even for an old engineering Luddite like me!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Your battery charger ratings are just the maximum current (as the battery charges, while you are uploading, it will reduce the current) they will provide at that setting. I'd put it on the 6 amp setting to be on the safe side, Touaregs always like to have their battery topped up!

Reactions: robbb

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Rats... That's too bad. Might have been able to help.
Sorry.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Yes, sorry, Brandon, it looks like you’ve managed to load a European spec vehicle media operating system into a North American spec vehicle computer... No wonder things aren’t working, and who knows what else may be affected!
Yikes!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Pacala, I think mmmike is right....

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Pacala, as far as I know, K0711 is the latest for us.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Same map set as the software and map set (from yrktreg) I put in my 2012 in July 2019.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Just to clarify, my 2012 Tdi (screenshot above in#294) already had been updated to HN+_US_VW_K0711 by the dealership in January 2015. Upon the recent installation, I assume the firmware stayed the same (same version number) and the navigation database upgraded from version. NAR 5.5.3 (original to our 2012) to NAR 6.16.2 (which is apparently the most current version).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts