Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thank you for providing the update! Unfortunately, the update is not installing. I see all the screens shown in the instructions, but the data does not download. After the first reboot when the download should be starting, after about 10 seconds passes the system reboots again, this time bringing up the final screen where the "Next" button is pressed (except that mine screen shows "Continue"). Pressing Continue gets me back into normal operating mode, but still has the old map data.

This may be because I did the unthinkable. :surprise: I mistakenly inserted the activation SD card instead of the maps card. I realized my mistake after about 10 seconds and switched the cards before entering Engineering mode, but that might have borked the install. Or, it might be something else entirely. Any thoughts you might want to share would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Really appreciate the offer. I followed the really clear instructions... but after the "NAR 6.16.2 (VW)" screen i get an error saying that the metadata is not readable. Any idea why that happens?
Windows 10 will only format cards larger than 32 GB using exFAT or NTFS (default is exFAT). The RNS850 can only read cards formatted in FAT32. If your card is formatted in exFAT you will receive that error message. Note: If you want to format a larger SD card using FAT32, you will need a third party format utility.

But since you are seeing the NAR 6.16.2, it seems to be reading the card. Be sure the files and folders are in the root of the card, not in a folder. Also check to be sure you correctly renamed the volume label to 7P6051236BF.

·
Registered
165 Posts
@DBob, You need at least a 32 GB SD card to do the update. An 8 GB card is too small. The files in the 7P6051236BF folder total 19.4 GB. I think what is happening is that only part of the files in the folder are transferring to your 8 GB SD card, which would cause the error message you are seeing. You do not need to edit any of the files.

·
Registered
165 Posts
@Veets: Now I'm really scratching my head. My PC shows that the entire thing is 3.81 GB... which only uses half of my 8 GB card. What have I done wrong?
Could be that the zip file did not fully download. How big is your downloaded zip file? The unextracted v12.zip file should be 14.3 GB, and will be 19.4 GB after you extract it. If you do have the full zip file, it may not be extracting properly. Extracting takes about 15 minutes on my Windows PC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts