Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone, I am trying to update the original firmware on my Touareg 2012 with the version provided in this post firmware using 7P6051236BF. I have staged the software on the SD drives as instructed in the PDF file. for some reason the update is not going through and stops after first reboot (see last image) after few minutes. I am suspecting my current firmware version is perhaps too old to be upgraded straight up to this version. I have taken few screenshots that shows what is displaying on the console when I start the update process. any suggestions is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, it is formatted FAT32 and has correct size. If this was a formatting or sizing issue, then the update process would have failed as soon as drive(SD) was accessed. As you can see from the image I posted, drive is accessed and readable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I finally fixed this issue by purchasing this update directly from a Vendor in England. The SD cards were all sealed and VW original. I can't be happier with their service.

it took me 5 hours to go through the firmware update (90 mins) and over 3 hrs to apply Maps. and as soon as firmware update was completed, I was able to use my phone and bluetooth functionalities.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This free update is identical to the ones you bought.

I have been dealing with the free update for a while and I had the it staged on 2 brand new SD cards and followed the exact installation instructions but I was never able to get it working. I have been working on this issue for quite sometime, and only now I was able to fix the issue. I am not telling anyone to purchase this update but rather letting folks know how I was able to get to the bottom of it. The $99 investment was definitely worth it in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts