Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we still haven't seen the V13 version of the north american maps come out yet.

I'm still hopeful that it could still come.

But rather than charge people for the V12 maps update, I decided to give back the my favorite community.

You will need the following:
0711 firmware or higher
32gb high speed SD card
battery charger and/ or enough fuel to have your vehicle running for 3 hours
a windows PC using the native unzip utility to unzip the folder

The instructions are inside of the zipped folder.

This link is good for ~7 days, i'll keep uploading and posting new links to keep this going...
Enjoy my friends :grin2:

https://fil.email/fiCISueW

·
Registered
39 Posts
My 2015 has firmware version P0735. This should work, correct? Should I consider upgrading the firmware? I couldn't find any info on P0735.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
A very generous offer, Yrktreg, thank you!! I'm not terribly computer savvy, but if I understand correctly, my 2012 TDi, should be good to go for installing this navigation update? It has (Most software version and media version) HN+_US_VW_K0711 and (Navigation database version) 8R0060884AC NAR 5.5.3
PS. I was going to use your service to reflash my TCM after I had the VW emissions recall, but I lucked into an exceptional deal on an original, untouched 2012 TCM from a wreck! Works perfectly!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thank you for providing the update! Unfortunately, the update is not installing. I see all the screens shown in the instructions, but the data does not download. After the first reboot when the download should be starting, after about 10 seconds passes the system reboots again, this time bringing up the final screen where the "Next" button is pressed (except that mine screen shows "Continue"). Pressing Continue gets me back into normal operating mode, but still has the old map data.

This may be because I did the unthinkable. :surprise: I mistakenly inserted the activation SD card instead of the maps card. I realized my mistake after about 10 seconds and switched the cards before entering Engineering mode, but that might have borked the install. Or, it might be something else entirely. Any thoughts you might want to share would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A very generous offer, Yrktreg, thank you!! I'm not terribly computer savvy, but if I understand correctly, my 2012 TDi, should be good to go for installing this navigation update? It has (Most software version and media version) HN+_US_VW_K0711 and (Navigation database version) 8R0060884AC NAR 5.5.3
PS. I was going to use your service to reflash my TCM after I had the VW emissions recall, but I lucked into an exceptional deal on an original, untouched 2012 TCM from a wreck! Works perfectly!
Very welcome, and yes you are good to go.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for providing the update! Unfortunately, the update is not installing. I see all the screens shown in the instructions, but the data does not download. After the first reboot when the download should be starting, after about 10 seconds passes the system reboots again, this time bringing up the final screen where the "Next" button is pressed (except that mine screen shows "Continue"). Pressing Continue gets me back into normal operating mode, but still has the old map data.

This may be because I did the unthinkable. :surprise: I mistakenly inserted the activation SD card instead of the maps card. I realized my mistake after about 10 seconds and switched the cards before entering Engineering mode, but that might have borked the install. Or, it might be something else entirely. Any thoughts you might want to share would be greatly appreciated.
D'oh!!:surprise:

You can try erasing the existing maps, and starting over. It MAY work...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes indeed, very generous YRKTREG.
I downloaded the map update successfully and now will burn both the map and activation data onto an SD card.

after reading the PDF instructions I'm unclear. will I need two(2) separate SD cards?, one for the MAP and another for the Activation?

I'm fairly certain that is the case however you only mention the need for one SD card above in your instructions...…

so do I need two high speed 32GB SD cards or just one?

thanks again.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes indeed, very generous YRKTREG.
I downloaded the map update successfully and now will burn both the map and activation data onto an SD card.

after reading the PDF instructions I'm unclear. will I need two(2) separate SD cards?, one for the MAP and another for the Activation?

I'm fairly certain that is the case however you only mention the need for one SD card above in your instructions...…

so do I need two high speed 32GB SD cards or just one?

thanks again.
Just 1 card needed. Put map files on your sd card insert it and let it update.

Delete or format SD to get rid of the map files, and then copy activation files on the same SD card.

·
Registered
5 Posts
OK thanks anyway. When I take my T-reg in for its first oil change under my ownership, I'm going to ask the stealership to upgrade the firmware first. And then figure it out from there. I'm at 0319.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Just wanted to say another huge THANK YOU! To Yrktreg!
The download, instructions and installation worked flawlessly, even for an old engineering Luddite like me!

·
Registered
30 Posts
My battery charger gives me the choice charging at 2 amps or 6 amps. Which would be appropriate to keep it charged while doing the update? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Your battery charger ratings are just the maximum current (as the battery charges, while you are uploading, it will reduce the current) they will provide at that setting. I'd put it on the 6 amp setting to be on the safe side, Touaregs always like to have their battery topped up!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
About this Discussion
86 Replies
33 Participants
TurboABA
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing