Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I joined the group a couple of weeks ago. Bought the "T" at the end of last July from San Juan Capistrano VW. It is a venetian green V-8 with no add-ons except the 300 watt radio (of course the base V-8 comes with a very nice complement of upgrades). The only failing of the local dealer,so far, is a lack of understanding of this new product. We have driven it up to Canada and back and it has performed admirably. (I was only stopped twice for excessive speed; the first patrolman said he'd let me off with a warning if I could pronounce the name of the "T").
Hobbies: Aviation; flying and collectibles.

· Registered
715 Posts
I was only stopped twice for excessive speed; the first patrolman said he'd let me off with a warning if I could pronounce the name of the "T
LOL... nice

Another Cali Club Touareg member - Welcome.

Are you a pilot (I'm assuming as a hobby you mean piloting the plane as opposed to being in the passenger cabin)? What types of planes? What ratings do you have? How long have you been flying?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, about my hobby, I've been a pilot for a long time - since 1954. I now am flying a BE36 Bonanza for a firm here in Orange county. My ratings include CFI and ATP. Thanks for asking. By your interest, I assume you are into flying as well.

Norm

· Registered
715 Posts
Awesome - Actually, I've only had one flight lesson. My sister owned a successful salon in the Bay Area for several years. One day, she woke up and decided to become a pilot. She sold the salon, went to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Florida and came back a pilot. She's happier now than ever - Follow Your Dreams is a motto she lives by. She's now a flight instructor as well as looking at getting into the commercial aviation industry.

· Registered
29 Posts
I used to live in Tustin Ranch. The guys at Capo VW took real good care of me. As a matter of fact, I just traded in a Jetta I bought from them in 2000 (and drove x-country the week I bought it) for my T-reg :)

-jim (now happily in NY)

· Registered
29 Posts
I'm originally from NY, I took a job out there during the tech boom. And of course, the company folded. So without much reason to stay, I took a job back east that a college bud got me excited in (ironically at another tech startup :roll: ). I bounced around a bit more after that, and finally settled in "upstate" NY where I grew up.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm surprised that there is no VW dealer in the Tustin Auto Mall. Capo is a long way to go. Coincidentally, when I was with the Irvine Co., Tustin Ranch was my project.

Well, I guess you get to challenge the "T" more in NY than you would in Tustin Ranch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.