Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Volkswagen Touareg V6
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a base T1 with the base monsoon radio. I love the sound but can't connect my phone since it doesn't have Bluetooth. Now I purchased a radio transmitter for my phone to connect to radio but I would like to get a radio that already has it built in. Now my question is what after market radio will work in my T1 using the system that's already in there? I'm just trying to upgrade radio not the sound. I know this question probably been asked a million times but I'm a noob lol! Thank you for your response.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
www.crutchfield.com

Crutchfiled can give you a prebuilt wiring harness and all the parts to make it work. It is actually easier to upgrade the radio only system. The navigation system is difficult for 2004-2005.

·
Registered
2006 VR6 silver
2 Posts
Here’s what I got from Jeff in 2017 for my 2006 V6:

Metra 86-9001 Radio Removal Tool For Select 1998-2006 Volkswagen/Audi/ Mercedes
Metra 40-EU55 Antenna Adapter for European
SCOSCHE VW2342B 2003-10 Volkswagen Touareg Double DIN or DIN w/pocket Install Dash Kit,black
Crux SWRVW-52 Radio Replacement Accessories
Kenwood DDX6703S Double DIN Bluetooth In-Dash DVD/CD/AM/FM Car Stereo w/ 6.2" Touch Screen with Apple Carplay and Built-in HD Radio

$480 all in back then.

it took a few hours and by some miracle it’s still works today. Stock speakers are good enough for me. I recommend taking pics of the dismantling of the dash and do it all in one go so you don’t forget what you did to take it apart.

have fun.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a base T1 with the base monsoon radio. I love the sound but can't connect my phone since it doesn't have Bluetooth. Now I purchased a radio transmitter for my phone to connect to radio but I would like to get a radio that already has it built in. Now my question is what after market radio will work in my T1 using the system that's already in there? I'm just trying to upgrade radio not the sound. I know this question probably been asked a million times but I'm a noob lol! Thank you for your response.
Check out www.seicane.com. I have one of theirs in my '05 and am very happy with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts