Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. I need some help with my throttle. I previously posted on another forum that throttle sensitivity wasn't good, first two inches or so of throttle barely gets the car moving. Checked with Obd app and touching the throttle an inch or so barely moves relative throttle position. However, pressing same inch once the pedal is half way down, let's say, will move throttle position maybe 5-10%. So Problem stands at the first 15% of throttle.
My mechanic supposedly just did Throttle Body adaptation. I don't know if there might be any other problem, or trick to try. Or maybe he just didn't do it and I should try it myself.
For comparison, on my 17' Golf, if I press the throttle just a bit, relative throttle position will change normally(go from 12 to 16 for example). I mean, linear. Not in my Treg.(it will stay at 12 or maybe move to 12.5 or 13)
Ideas?
Ps: video shows how much pressure I was applying and saw almost no change in throttle position in the obd app. However, if I did that once pedal was halfway down or something like that, that same amount of pedal pressure would make a noticeable change.
Also noticed there is a buzzing noise when pressing throttle
VIDEO:

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
1,473 Posts
I'm pretty sure what you are describing is what others have termed as "Pedal Lag". I had it on my '11 VR6.
Some will say that a "Transmission Reset" helps.
I also did a throttle body alignment using VCDS which helped a little but didn't get rid of it.
I wound up installing a throttle controller and that eliminated it altogether.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts