Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I think this forum is awesome! My name is Josh and I represent tiresbyweb.com. I am new here and want to extend to any member here a club discount of $5 off any Nokian tire! We offer FREE SHIPPING and no sales tax to customers outside of Michigan. Call 800 576-1009 ext 775 to arrange delivery. I look forward to helping anyone out who has questions about tires and wheels. Have a great day!

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Debbie,

Thank you for the response! The OEM is 275/45R19 with overall diameter of 28.7. The Nokian WR SUV 255/50R19 has an overall diameter of 29.0 avalible to club members $262 each with FREE SHIPPING nation-wide.

Tires by Web - Nokian WR SUV

These are one of the only all weather tires in the world that has the Severe Service Emblem which means the tires exceed the govenment standards for snow conditions. These are in stock and ready for immediate departure. Call me at 800 576-1009 ext 775 with questions or to arrange delivery. I look forward to being able to assist you.

-Josh

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Thats a good price for tires for the OEM factory 19" wheel, and is a much better tire than the Pirelli's that come from the factory.

Linder

·
Registered
66 Posts
After talking with the dealerships service department I'll have to agree. I'll certainly give it some thought and get back to you. thank you for all of your input.

·
Administrator
4,833 Posts
Seems to me there is some confusion on this thread. The original poster sells TIRES. The second poster asked for 19" WHEELS.

What is being sold here is TIRES, and only TIRES.

The Nokians are good tires, especially for use in the winter.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you were to pick, would you chose Nokians, or the Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow? (I've got the stock 19" rims)

Right now have Continental 4x4 SportContact (summer). They don't feel like they've got a lot of traction even with just a bit of water on the road.

Being in southern California, I'm not faced with weather hard-core enough to warrant actually having two sets of wheels/tires for summer/winter, but am looking for a good compromise for all around driving, but that will get me through the day if I get into a blizzard when I travel up north or in the local mountains, or if I need to make a very rare, mild off road jaunt...

Also, do any of you use chains/cables on your rigs? Our local mountain range here in SoCal has a peak that's 10,000' high (Mt. San Antonio - just north of L.A.). Can drive on paved roads to around 8,000'. When I'm up there in winter, I've always before brought two sets of chains/cables so as to chain up all four tires if need be. Like-you drive up on plowed roads in the morning and by afternoon it starts dumping snow on you. Can get icy enough, tires alone - even good ones - won't do it.

Just curious how they work out on the Touareg with the various ABS, stability control sensors, etc. (Could only use cables on my last car for this reason)

Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ordered Nokian WR SUV's last week, received yesterday, mounted and balanced today. Initial impression - nice ride and very responsive compared to old Goodyear Wranglers.
Planning on ~1500 mile trip over Memorial weekend, will update later.

Tiresbyweb - very friendly, after sale communication GREAT! Shipped same day as ordered. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I had them on my Jeep Overland,Great tire,stopping and turning on hard pack snow,and ice was great.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Tires for 2005 Volkswagen Touareg V6 Standard Model
Size: 255/60-17
Looking to see price out my options. What price can you get me some Nokian tires. I want some more aggressive tread but I only take it off road occasionally.

Thanks,
Brent

·
Super Moderator
9,467 Posts
Looking to see price out my options. What price can you get me some Nokian tires. I want some more aggressive tread but I only take it off road occasionally.

Thanks,
Brent
They don't make that size so you either do as I did and use 245/65/17 or go to 265/70/17. The latter would be fine if you want to offroad and want a little more clearance. The first one is about a half inch taller then the stock size. I run the first one on my Treg with the WR's and I really like them.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Thanks,
Brent
Hello Brent,

As Yeti said, Nokian does not have the 255/60R17. I would go with the 245/65R17 Nokian WR SUV:

Tires by Web - Nokian WR SUV

I am sure you will be delightfully impressed with what you get from these tires. ***Private message for current enthusiast forum discount***

-Josh

·
Administrator
4,300 Posts
It would probably be best to send the OP an email with the above question. He hasn't checked this forum since October.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts