Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday after a channel update (XM)in my 15 Toureg with Execline the volume control does not work on the dash or the steering wheel. This is only while listening to Satellite
FMand AM work normally
Going bonkers on this one. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm experiencing the same issue. Whenever a new channel lineup is pushed out, I lose several random presets (even channels that were not added/deleted. Like, '80's on 8'). I lose ability to use volume on Sat, but can switch to FM or AM, adjust the volume and go back to Sat.

Spent three hours at dealer yesterday for 10k service and diagnosing the issue you just described. All they could tell me was that I was on the latest software release and to come back when I could replicate the problem.

I called VWoA Customer Service who essentially told me that they wouldn't assist me until I could easily replicate the issue in front of a technician. Told me to call Sirius.

Called Sirius who stated that they are unable to push channel updates to a single receiver. 'Refreshing' a single receiver is not the same. So, I am unable to replicate the issue 'at will'. Sirius did extend me a partial refund for my troubles and let me know the schedule for channel updates for the next week. Also, Sirius confirmed that they are aware of scores of VW & Audi owners that have called in to them with the same issue.

I will be recording a video each day I start my vehicle and recording the issue as it happens. I figure I'll post the videos to YouTube and send the link to the dealer, VWoA, etc.

Insanely frustrating to purchase a $55k vehicle only to have the radio go wonky sometimes 2-3 timer per month and have the manufacturer tell me (essentially) "Not our problem".

~Christian

·
Registered
278 Posts
This has happened several times on my 15. Volume usually comes back after channel change, 10 or 15 min or on restart. Very annoying bug.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.