Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a Windows 7 virtual machine (VirtualBox) in OS X. I downloaded all the drivers, enabled the USB ports, connected my VAG-COM KII-USB cable and ran the initial USB test (under Options) and got "Port Status OK". I get a green light when I plug into my T3 TDI, but when I try to access any module, I get an error message "No Response from Controller". I've updated all the software, extensions, and tried everything I can think of. Seems the cable interface cannot communicate with the program for some reason. Anyone have any ideas why?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Everything I've seen from RossTech says you can't use MAC, emulators or virtual machines for their software. I'm solely MAC but have a spare HP laptop I use for VCDS work.

I think you're going to have to borrow a buddies computer.

Taking quick look at Rosstechs site, if you BootCamp windows you'll be good.
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/faq_1.php

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems plenty of people have had luck with VirtualBox. I think I see the problem. My VAG-COM is the older KII-USB which only works on Touaregs up to 2005. Apparently I need the HEX+CAN interface. Guess I have a KII-USB for sale!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I picked up a Windows 10 ten inch tablet/laptop specifically for use with VCDS and TunerPro for my GM TBI system. It was on sale on Black Friday, but I think normally they were right around $200 USD.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I picked up a Windows 10 ten inch tablet/laptop specifically for use with VCDS and TunerPro for my GM TBI system. It was on sale on Black Friday, but I think normally they were right around $200 USD.
Which one did you get?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I think it was an Acer 10" laptop with touch screen. The keyboard comes off and can use it as a tablet. Even at $200, it's cheaper than a Window license for my Mac. It's not going to run Photoshop or play Call of Duty on it, but that's not what I'll ever use it for.

The charge plug is on the "screen" portion. There is a micro USB plug on the body and a "regular" USB plug on the keyboard. I got a Samsung OTG USB cable that accepts a male USB and converts it to a micro USB plug so I could use VCDS without the keyboard.

I have the wireless HEX-CAN version. I use it wirelessly with my phone for checking codes and clearing them. I plug it directly into the laptop for programming, monitoring measuring values and such.

EDIT: Acer model N1SP2. Googling will show specs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts