Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just purchased a 2013 tdi v6 180kw Touareg. It has a lot of trouble accelerating at low rpm especially under load. It struggles from low rpm (while im watching my fuel consumption rise to 35lph) and the vehicle not really moving until about 1800 rpm then launches! Hot or cold operating temp or cold start and drive immediately it seems to make no difference.

I've had the glow plug light flashing and the car go into limp mode. Both times was on the freeway and when on an incline, loading up the engine and both times was just under 2000rpm. I've just got a scan tool but of course no codes recorded and it hasn't done it since.

I've seen this kind of thing on a lot of other articals but no real soloutions

I have changed the fuel filter, it was quite dirty. I have put injector cleaner in.
I did a transmission memory reset, this seems to make a minor improvement but still not the best.

Next I was thinking of checking out the EGR valve and checking for manifold leaks until i looked at the work involved in doing so. I have also read that software updates may have something to do with it. I found another post saying the NOx sensor. At this point I'm not sure where to start and don't really want to replace expensive parts if they aren't needed.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Loi

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Depends where you are you have the 100k miles warranty if you’re still under that mileage. You might try checking with the nearest vw dealer. Is it a vcds scan you did? Or a generic obd scanner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in South Australia. Definitely out of warranty, I believe it's only 3 years.
Perhaps a more sophisticated scanner will be able to find recorded codes. Am considering just taking it to VW.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yeah you will probably need a better scan tool. Chances are something like a nox or map sensor is going bad and sending the car into limp.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
You def. need better scan tool like vagcom. It can be many things happening.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Find someone with vcds in your area on this forum or get a vcds cable. You will need it if you intent to keep the treg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts