Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have a 2011 V6 TDI. The weather has started to get cooler here and when I turned on the heat I noticed it is blowing cold air out of the vents. It was working fine earlier in the year, I hadn't used the heater in the summer months, so don't know how long it has had this issue.

It doesn't matter whether I have it on defrost, vents or on the feet in all three areas there is only cold air on all sides. I haven't changed anything regarding the cooling system.
I've scanned it with VCDS and no faults are being thrown up.

I've noticed that it takes longer for the temp to rise than usual (I think) and the temp gauge sometimes moves up or down erratically. I have noticed it moving up when I rev the engine when parked.

I've tried to burp the air out by opening the coolant filler cap and squeezing the coolant hose at the radiator to release any bubbles but still no hot air. The air from the vents did get a little warmer the other day, but today it's staying cold.

Does anyone happen to have an idea what is causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did you manage to fix the heat issue? If so, what did the issue turned out to be? I’m now dealing with no heat.

I’m going to start by checking the hoses, to see if the thermostat is stuck in closed position. I will acheck the hoses feeding into the heater core, too.

Ron

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Sounds like you're low on coolant.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
And nothing comes up on a scan? No output test options under that module?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Absolutely nothing on a scan. But when I disconnect the heat valve it comes up with a code of heat valve open circuit. I have a test piece of heater hose replacing the heat valve section and it has heat now. So it's either the valve sticking or the valve not getting the command.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Unfortunately I can't find any out put test. When I manually power the valve it works in one direction and when I reverse polarity it works in the other direction. So it seem to function correctly out of the vehicle.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Sounds like a potentially sticky valve. It should be normally open based on what I see in documentation.

Function

• ♦ The Coolant Shut-Off Valve - N82- is activated via the A/C system controls only at certain settings (for example, when “OFF” is selected or when maximum cooling is required). The engine RPM must be below 5000 and the coolant temperature must be below 95 °C (203 °F).

• ♦ Shutting off the coolant circuit to the A/C heat exchanger ac‐ celerates the engine warming up when the coolant is cold.

• ♦ The Coolant Shut-Off Valve - N82- is open without activation. To be able to check the electrical function of the valve, acti‐ vation occurs at certain intervals (for example, brief activation lasting approximately 1 second at every twentieth engine start)

Have you attempted to reinstall it since bench cycling it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts