Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blower motor was spotty then no air out vents within 2 days. I did not see a diagram in manual or on covers of fuse assembly. Can anyone provide a link or other for right fuse? Thanks getting cold up here will drop down quick after 3 pm Packer Game going to tomorrow.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just would think a schematic on the large panels that cover the fuse box would be elementary or a diagram in the manual? #24 is "climatic control" I guess I will start there but on internet I see no "blower/ac/heat motor". First German car driven Toyota's Lexus for last 5 cars last 400 k miles never needed a blower motor or even blew a fuse.

·
Registered
253 Posts
There are four fuse panels on your car. One on either side of the dash, one at the battery, and one under the hood if I am not mistaken. Highly doubt it is a fuse, however, if it started working eratically, as you indicate.

·
Registered
36 Posts
When you say "Spotty" I assume you mean the fan was only heard running some of the time ..
If its coming on at all its not a fuse problem.
check there is nothing jammed in the heater fan ...
after that check for the location of the fan regulator ... its usually on the back of the fan or quite close.
either of those have always been the cause in any car I've had .

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
So go back to your Jap Crap if you don't like the German stuff..... why did you cross over if our stuff is inferior?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Google blower problems for Touareg.....somewhat common issue on 2011 plus. Why are you looking for the fuse? Just pop out the couple screws under the glove box on the passenger side and find the motor. Get a meter and check for 12 volts on the pins of the blower when it is set to run. If you have 12 volts the blower motor is likely bad....

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mr. Hostility why are German vehicles not as problem free as "Japanese" then and I was just making a point not a condemnation. How do you figure they are crap if I can go countless problem free miles, but you r always funny!!
Thanks for all the replys I have a motor in from Autozone I will pick up tomorrow my buddy has a heated garage thank goodness 6 degrees tonight glad I have a spare beater while I fix the heater(2005 Camry 246k trouble free miles besides a couple sway bar links at about 220k uses 1/4th of quart at 3k mile oil changes). I think if you have German cars a third car is nice as backup they do drive nice!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sir sorry for bothering you I have a timing chain rattle, now a blower motor I will not be a regular on the forum unless stuff keeps breaking. Try a Trump rally to get your anxiety out!

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
The Touareg blower fan tends to wear out. It is always the brushes. If you could source the brushes, they would cost under $10 and it would be easy to fix the fan. In this culture, we throw the entire fan into the trash can and are forced to buy a complete replacement unit.

When it is not the fan, it is the fan speed controller, called the bitron in VW land. On the T1/T2, it is a small blue box located behind the glove box. On the later T3/T4 it was attached to the fan itself and came as part of the fan motor assembly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts