Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 05 touareg by. Got it for a really good price because of the air shock issue. After doing a decent amount of reading I know I'm going to have to pick up a vcds from Ross tech or something equivalent to even attempt to work on it.

My symptoms so far: drivers side rear and front do not lift at all. Passenger side seems to work fine. I haven't been able to find a post that has one side not working. Only both front or both rear.

If I try to lower vehicle to lowest setting it always says pressure tank filling.

Besides looking for leaks is there anything else I can check before I get some software to hookup?

Will be looking for leaks tonight and tomorrow, had a late April snowstorm (Canada probles) roll in and kinda wreck my weeknd plans

·
Registered
474 Posts
If it won't lift one side, but the other side raises/lowers properly, that sounds like a valve block problem, or perhaps height sensors. You need to scan with VCDS and see whats going on.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Can't help.on the shock front but do take time to read the buying a used Touareg thread to get up to speed - the link is in my signature.

Also update your profile with model, year and location. It helps others help you.
Click on User CP to do so.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'm going to need to get that vcds soon.
Would most parts from a 04 fit on a 05?

I also noticed a pipe discharging air sometimes under the hood. Is that normal spot for air to come out?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yeah I'm going to need to get that vcds soon.
Would most parts from a 04 fit on a 05?

I also noticed a pipe discharging air sometimes under the hood. Is that normal spot for air to come out?
Yes, all 2003-2009 parts should be compatible, but always verify part numbers first. The air discharge you hear is normal. The system releases any air back through the supply line which is attached to the air cleaner housing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts