Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - just picked up mine last weekend, and I have yet to discover a coin holder. How can this be? There are also very few storage compartments. I'm surprised my RS4 actually has more storage than the Touareg! Is there something I'm not seeing?? :confused:

·
Administrator
4,364 Posts
You bought a V10 and still have money left over?!?

Seriously, there is no coin holder.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, the RS4 is going to someone else this weekend.

I guess I'll just have to keep rolls of quarters in the car. Its a necessity here in San Francisco!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I use one of the cup holders. Be carefull around the shifter, two folks have spent heavy to replace parts broken over dropped coins.

·
Administrator
4,364 Posts
And don't put quarters in the back of the center console 'ash try' drawer for the rear seats. The weight will jam it closed. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is the first layer of the center arm rest for? What are you guys putting in there that requires a complete rubberized coverage, with very minimal height allowance? Who's storing their one ounce gold bars in there? Also, when you flip that drink holder down, what type of bottles are compatible? I find most bottled water on the market are either too fat (goes in, but difficult to pull out), or too skinny (ie. Smart water).

·
Registered
190 Posts
The first layer of the arm rest is quite odd. Coins will not stay in if you raise the arm rest to get into the main compartment. They will fall out near the hinge. I use it for my reciepts from traveling and such. That is about all it is good for. Maybe to keep your insurance info and tag registration.

·
Registered
612 Posts
i keep my coins in an oakley soft case in the console. I did keep them in the from place under the wood trim, some coins fell down some crack or something and messed the shifter up. i also kept them in the back tray behind the center console and it got jammed

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
You seriously dont want any coins or tokens atop the shifter. I was in a car wash and left the tokens there. When I went to move, a token slid right on under and totally pluged up the rollers for the shifter slide. I got the slide torn out but there was a magnet that helped track the shifter location. It was a mess - and only hours before I left for Colorado Rally '07.

I did a write-up on how to fix... see
http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f73/diy-shifter-components-console-15661.html

But take my advice... keep coins away from the shifter!

·
Super Moderator
9,662 Posts
The first layer of the center console is to put your Big Gulp. If you look under the lid there should be a fold out large cup holder deal. I use to put my season pass there when I wore it on my sleeve, but now since it is detected by the lifts it never leaves my coat. I have no use for it anymore.

·
My God,it's full of stars
5,765 Posts
Gold nuggets... nah just kidding (but I live 4 miles from Goldstream...) :cool:

siberian

·
Registered
192 Posts
And don't put quarters in the back of the center console 'ash try' drawer for the rear seats. The weight will jam it closed. Ask me how I know.
Thanks, Aircooled! This is a very good piece of advice:clapclap: Will keep this in mind. In my case, I have a little box of tic-tac there to entertain rear passengers

What is the first layer of the center arm rest for? What are you guys putting in there that requires a complete rubberized coverage, with very minimal height allowance?
Keep my Garmin there, fits quite nicely. Not much room for anything else, maybe a pen

·
Registered
385 Posts
I realize the consensus is to keep coins away from the shifter but there is a small, rubberized tray in the front compartment of the center console. I keep 8 or 10 quarters in this tray because it doesn't seem useful for anything else. They don't appear to slide around at all... at least not that I've noticed.

ps: Must be difficult going from an RS4 to a Touareg. Man, talk about a difference in performance and power-to-weight ratio.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I got one of those squeeze open change holders like grandma used to have. I put that in the ashtray compartment. I don't have air springs so I always have the little cup they put in place of the air control dial.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When I visit my architect, a quarter will give me 2.5 minutes on the meter. Welcome to San Francisco where we need rolls of quarters. Although they've implemented that prepaid meter card, but I have yet to fetch one.

PS - It does sound very backwards doesn't it? Although, honestly, the V10 scares me. Yeah the RS4 has 400+ HP, but remember the power is relatively linear compared to the Touareg. With the V10, the moment you stomp on it (anything past 50% throttle from my experience), the front end lifts like a 747 with rockets and all hell breaks loose.

·
Registered
120 Posts
With the V10, the moment you stomp on it (anything past 50% throttle from my experience), the front end lifts like a 747 with rockets and all hell breaks loose.

I'll bet you have your suspension set to "comfort". Set it to "sport" and front end lift is minimized.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts