Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this happened today with my 2012 treg. I lost all sound, no radio, no media music, the parktronics worked though. When I'd turn the volume knob the audio bar appeared empty on the screen and wouldn't move, also in media mode the play button was stuck, pressing it did nothing. I tried rebooting the system a couple of times, but that wouldn't change anything, tried putting the car key in and out, nothing, then after more tries, the speakers made loud "POP POP POP", immediately after that the audio came back for the radio, then I tried switching for media and it took a couple of minutes before audio came back for that also.

Before all of this, I had turned the volume knob all the way to the left and turned off the car and locked it, when I came back 15 mins later I couldn't get the audio working.

So what the hell happened here, to me it feels like the rns850 system choked or froze for some reason, has something similar ever happened to any of you? Now it appears that everything is working fine...knock on wood.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It's a computer, sometimes they glitch. This happened to me once or twice early in my ownership (2014) but haven't had it happen in so long I forgot about it until your post. Also had similar happen to GPS where it wasn't activated (something about seeing the dealer). Cleared up later on its own too after I arrived at my destination and the car was off for a while.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a computer, sometimes they glitch. This happened to me once or twice early in my ownership (2014) but haven't had it happen in so long I forgot about it until your post. Also had similar happen to GPS where it wasn't activated (something about seeing the dealer). Cleared up later on its own too after I arrived at my destination and the car was off for a while.
So it's like a yearly occurrence? Would be interesting to know what exactly causes these freezes, is it too fast input from the user or what...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts