Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I own a 2016 Treg Cdn model V6 gas.

I cannot get Google Maps, Waze or any other iPhone app to give me audio directions over the car speakers once the phone pairs with the vehicle. UNLESS!! I have music from iTunes playing, then it pauses the music to give me voice guidance. If I'm listening to the radio, it doesn't work. If I turn off BT then of course the audio plays through the phone speaker, (iPhone 7 latest OS).

Is there a setting on the vehicle or iPhone I need to turn on? These same apps work fine in my Honda Accord and my motorcycle BT helmet.

thanks
brian

·
Registered
165 Posts
Crap, I'm getting too old......I should have realized that myself. Thank you Rocket Tech
No worries. I think some units *will* do what you are saying, but the RNS850 doesn't. I actually prefer the RNS850 Nav to Google maps, so that's a work-around. You can get a map update for a good price from yrktreg.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just in Atlanta GA, and wanted to use either GM or WAZE to get around the construction and traffic.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was just in Atlanta GA, and wanted to use either GM or WAZE to get around the construction and traffic.
Not to beat a dead horse, but the Factory Nav gets Sirius Traffic Updates free for 4 years. Not sure if that is true in Canada. I'm a recent transplant to NYC metro area, it does the trick. That being said, GM and Waze definitely have their advantages. If you have Sirius Mobile, you could always play music through the app using bluetooth, and then the map prompts would also play through the vehicle speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts