Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Touareg, V6. Just the front climate control. (2C?)

Nothing comes out the center dash mount vents. I can select it to go to the floor and/or the windshield. That works fine. When I select the dash vents, I get air out the vents on the right/left near the doors. Nothing out the center vents, nor out the 2 vents at the back of the center console for the rear seat passengers.

It's almost 100* here- so it would be nice if these can work.

Hooked up my VAG COM to Auto HVAC and it said 1 fault found: 00657- Positioning motor for central vents (V102) 000--

I've been searching for hours but haven't come up with anything. Can't find the part number for the motor. Keep finding references to left/right.... but not CENTER. Is there any way to use VAG COM to test this? Where is the motor? Accessible?

Any help would be appreciated.

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For whatever reason autoscan doesn't work. It has worked on my other cars. Everytime I try I get "function not supported by the gateway".

But I can connect to blocks one at a time. So I had connected to 08- Auto HVAC and there was just the one fault I posted.

Other blocks had faults also...

The famous P0430/P0420 catalyst system efficiency below threshold.

Tiptronic switch F189 (the cover under the shifter is broken. It's on order)

00778- Steering angle sensor (G85)

Central conv: 5 fault codes:
00927 Terminal 30 right, 011- open circuit- intermittent
01516 Terminal 30 left, 011- open circuit- intermittent
00926 Terminal 30, 011- open circuit- intermittent
00668 supply voltage terminal 30, 002- lower limit exceeded- intermittent
01503 bulb for 3rd brake light (M25), 009- open or short to ground.

As far as the bulb warning light goes, all brake lights light up, including all of the LEDs on the 3rd brake light. Not sure why the warning is on. Is it typical for the wiring to the rear window hatch to break?

· Registered
2,067 Posts
Mine sometimes has trouble connecting to the rear HVAC controller. I know it's there. I have rear AC. LOL!

I recall reading that the servo for the vent flap can go bad, causing the error. Mine is in the rear AC. I don't sit there, so I haven't been too motivated to fix it. Hopefully it's not too hard to get to the center vent flaps for you.

· Banned
R5 (2008)
1,159 Posts
As far as the bulb warning light goes, all brake lights light up, including all of the LEDs on the 3rd brake light. Not sure why the warning is on. Is it typical for the wiring to the rear window hatch to break?
Did you try clearing the codes and see whether they return?

· Banned
R5 (2008)
1,159 Posts
Can't find the part number for the motor. Keep finding references to left/right.... but not CENTER.
The motor is practically the same for all 3 units (left, center, right). Its part number is 7L0 907 511. However, there are multiple revisions of that motor, with different ending letters (like AR, AL, AE, etc) depending on whether your climatronic is manual, has a second evaporator, etc. These revisions might or might not be drop-in compatible with each other. I guess you won't know until you compare them.

Also note that because of you having so many open/short-circuit fault codes, the problem might not actually lie with the motor itself, but with the wiring, and maybe the motor is only inoperable, because you have a short-circuit near it, or because a short-circuit interferes with the control of the motor. So maybe you don't need to have the motor replaced, but your short-circuits fixed first, and that will also take care of your actuator motor problem, too.

· Registered
20,262 Posts
Depending on which servo - or more likely - servos is/are duff scales the job!

There is a plastic cog on the servos which wears and sometimes you will hear the servo trying to operate with a regular click.....click.....click.... as the servo tries to, but can't quite, engage.

If and when you do take the dash apart, carefully inspect each servo and replace any that show signs of wear to save yourself the ball-ache of doing it all over again.

From memory they are about $100 apiece.

You will need VCDS to code each new servo for each location once installed.

This thread gives you some idea of what might be involved...

HVAC flap motor replacement (Dash removal) - Page 8 - Club Touareg Forums

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wanted to do a follow up on this for future use if someone does a search for center vents, V102, no air to rear seat passengers.

I didn't have time to do this repair myself (up coming road trip) and the air is so bad out due to forest fires it is bad to breathe outside... so I wimped out and took it to the dealership. At least I have friends there that help out with the cost a bit.

It was indeed the V102 servo flap. It was replaced by P/N 7L0-907-511-AD. This was for my 2C system anyway.

The AC works SO much better now that the vents are open! Even the vents that go to the rear passengers are blowing nice cold air.

· Registered
20,262 Posts
Glad you got it fixed and thanks for the update.

· Registered
26 Posts
It was indeed the V102 servo flap. It was replaced by P/N 7L0-907-511-AD. This was for my 2C system anyway.

The AC works SO much better now that the vents are open! Even the vents that go to the rear passengers are blowing nice cold air.
I'm having the EXACT same issue! Winter is coming soon to Calgary, and it would be nice to have hot air coming at me from all sides, lol.

Do you know what side of the unit the v102 was accessible from? First I need to get a new flap ;)

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm having the EXACT same issue! Winter is coming soon to Calgary, and it would be nice to have hot air coming at me from all sides, lol.

Do you know what side of the unit the v102 was accessible from? First I need to get a new flap ;)

Nope- sorry I do not know. I just had the shop replace it as I didn't have enough time.

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've been swamped lately- flying out of the country tomorrow... I looked around and I can't find my receipt. The price I had it done for probably wouldn't have been too accurate as I know a lot of people at the dealership. Think I got the parts and labor done for close to an employee discount.

· Registered
5 Posts
2007 Touareg, V6. Just the front climate control. (2C?)

Nothing comes out the center dash mount vents. I can select it to go to the floor and/or the windshield. That works fine. When I select the dash vents, I get air out the vents on the right/left near the doors. Nothing out the center vents, nor out the 2 vents at the back of the center console for the rear seat passengers.

It's almost 100* here- so it would be nice if these can work.

Hooked up my VAG COM to Auto HVAC and it said 1 fault found: 00657- Positioning motor for central vents (V102) 000--

I've been searching for hours but haven't come up with anything. Can't find the part number for the motor. Keep finding references to left/right.... but not CENTER. Is there any way to use VAG COM to test this? Where is the motor? Accessible?

Any help would be appreciated.

does anyone know why would the side vents left and right front and back not work ? my center and rear center works and including my windshield which stays on all the time with the complete center system. but nothing comes out the sides. any ideas ?

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
does anyone know why would the side vents left and right front and back not work ? my center and rear center works and including my windshield which stays on all the time with the complete center system. but nothing comes out the sides. any ideas ?
Sounds like yours was backwards from mine. Have you done a scan of your vehicle? A guess is:

Servomotor for
temperature flap, left V158
Servomotor for
temperature flap, right V159

have some faults. Read about climate control here: (pages 52 and 57 especially)

http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_301.PDF

· Registered
26 Posts
im getting faults on v158 (static - value of resistance too high) and v159. and on occasion "function return message for fresh air blower regulator".

before the issues, the truck seemed to be doing fine with the exception that the blower fan was noisy which I assumed to be the culprit. One day after a "pop" the fan died and no air movement. ordered fan, took a look. old looked ok, but put new one in anyways. scanned now I have v158, v159 issues. any ideas?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.