Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My 2006 T-reg, BKS engine, show me "loss of refrigerant" and this was after I changed 3 plugs ( 1,5,6) and for that I just warmed up the engine very well, about 4500 RPM.

I have no idea if the compressor makes preasure or the electrical relay is gone.( if there uis one ? Where?)

I need help, should I recharge the system and test it? Maybe change the relay?

Sergiu

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I have had this happen to me a few times over the decade. I just clear the code. The A/C compressor will not kick back in while that code is present. There is a software bug in the system that can sometimes cause a false loss of refrigerant code to be set.

If the system comes up and cools normally, you just ran into the glitch.

If there is a true loss of refrigerant, the low pressure switch will turn the compressor back off. That should protect the compressor.

Just sit in the vehicle and make sure it starts blowing cold air normally. If not, then perhaps you have a bigger problem.

There is a TSB for my vehicle that suggests you code out the ability. It does not happen often, so I have left the system active.

This is the TSB https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2890&d=1193405195

·
Registered
614 Posts
If it is a one-off, then it's most likely the bug explained in the TSB above. However, if it keeps returning, then you most likely do have a slight leak somewhere in the system. In this case refrain from keeping clearing the code over and over, because without the proper amount of refrigerant+oil in the system your compressor might take permanent damage, despite possibly still being able to cool the air to a point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts