Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to bring another catch up to the table ;)

Whilst I don't promote these to be "all about me"...I do have a special request this time.

Our 5yo grandson has gone off-road mad, and is schooling himself on cars that are capable off-road.
I'd like to take him out in the Touareg (and I'd like to get the 'reg 'off-road' as well).
So, any ideas? Locations?

Only one condition.....has to be a Sunday (his father has visiting rights on Saturdays :( )

Ok...go ;)

Reactions: Singh

Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg Moonlight Blue
If it's in December then I could join as well... Intend to cross the Nullarbor! 馃槂

Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it's in December then I could join as well... Intend to cross the Nullarbor! 馃槂
oh mate..we will hold a SPECIAL one for you. I'll still bring the headlight/ad-blue in October tho' - ok?

Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg Moonlight Blue
oh mate..we will hold a SPECIAL one for you. I'll still bring the headlight/ad-blue in October tho' - ok?
I say good luck to us crossing borders in these times... See you soon 馃憤

Reactions: Steve_L

Registered
2019 CR launch edition. Factory towbar

Whilst I don't promote these to be "all about me"...I do have a special request this time.

Our 5yo grandson has gone off-road mad, and is schooling himself on cars that are capable off-road.
I'd like to take him out in the Touareg (and I'd like to get the 'reg 'off-road' as well).

Only one condition.....has to be a Sunday (his father has visiting rights on Saturdays :( )

Ok...go ;)
[/QUOTE

Ok...go ;)
Suggest Mundaring

Registered
MY17 Touareg Wolfsburg
Keen to come along, I should hurry up and decide on some AT tyres before then

Registered
Hi
I would be keen but have a fairly full calendar to the end of the year, as I have recently retired, but if I am free would love to tag along. Have mainly done sand driving and only running highway tyres but have most recovery gear.
Also thinking about an upgrade to my 2008 so would like to see how a 4Motion performs compared to a 4XMotion.
Cheers
Norm

Registered
2017 (MY2018) V6 TDI - Deep Black Pearlescent
I don't mind unsealed roads but I am not up for an off-road experience (mud and bush).
I like my Chelsea tractor's paint just the way it is thanks.
Hope you all have a great time :)

Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't mind unsealed roads but I am not up for an off-road experience (mud and bush).
I'm not into getting custom bush pin striping, but keen to experience some of the vehicles capabilities. A bit of mud or 'shallow (ish)' water crossings is ok for me.

Once our weather settles down a bit here in Perth, I'd be keen to do a mid-week recce of possible locations.

Reactions: snodrogs

Registered
2019 CR launch edition. Factory towbar
I'm not into getting custom bush pin striping, but keen to experience some of the vehicles capabilities. A bit of mud or 'shallow (ish)' water crossings is ok for me.

Once our weather settles down a bit here in Perth, I'd be keen to do a mid-week recce of possible locations.
Suggest we have it in 2 parts. E.g. meet and greet at Mundaring Weir tavern and those that wish depart for their adventure.

Registered
I'm in if its on a Sunday!! Get to throw my 17's and A/Ts back on for a play. :)

If you go back to this thread several years ago Some bush fun on the weekend this was on the referenced Powerline track from Mundaring to York.

Right now I imagine it would be rather muddy and pretty ugly in some spots - for at least another month (but if that promised rain is forthcoming again, add another month on) . Most of the tracks have gnarly routes and then chicken tracks as a way around them. There is very little (i.e. almost no) sand but some great ruts, rocks and ascents and descents along the way.

When we were doing it regularly, we'd meet at The Lakes servo early morning and then drive a distance down the road towards York and then swing across to the track and mosey along back towards Perth (Mundaring) for the next several hours. Some great spots to stop for a picnic lunch as well along the route. And also a couple of significant tracks that you can jump onto and go back to the bitumen if you don't want to travel all the way back up the water tanks in Mundaring on the powerline track. Mundaring Weir Tavern could be another good spot to meet but I'm not having any sherbets before venturing out bush...

One more option to consider.

Andrew

Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Powerlines track is suggested to be done in Summer (for novices). Winter is not the time to dip my/your toes if not attempted previously. And given the amount of rain we've had....

So....maybe we meet at the pub. And if appropriate... a bit of a look

Reactions: snodrogs

Registered
The Powerlines track is suggested to be done in Summer (for novices). Winter is not the time to dip my/your toes if not attempted previously. And given the amount of rain we've had....
Yep - Some of those "waterholes" would be above the top of the bonnet without any shadow of a doubt. You don't go in without a snatch already tethered to the car and only after using the stick method to TRY and measure the depth. Seen plenty of heroes rush in and end up having to climb out the window to then go underwater and connect up a snatch to get hauled out. Does make for fascinating viewing.

Leaving rampant stupidity behind and careful course mapping and guiding from outside the vehicle go a long way... and knowing YOUR limitations as well as the vehicles. I have never done and never will do some of the climbs I did with my Patrol (with factory diff locks all around too!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts