Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've just signed up because I'm experiencing similar problems that I've found on your website. Namely water in the rear passenger floor and water in the right kickpanel. opening the plugs has removed the water from the side panel. does anyone know if there is a path from this area into the floorboards?
Driving through some deep puddles will fill this area with water. If there is a pathway back into the passenger compartment, say with a bad weld etc., this could be cause for many of the leak threads.
I've enjoyed the vehicle since 2004 but this leak business is driving me nuts with just a brush off from the dealership.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Continued looking for possible leak paths. Found the screws holding the roof carrier on were loose. I tested these and they felt tight, but when I addressed each screw, I found a few that could be tightened another turn. This may be more important for those, like me, who use the carrier a lot with heavy loads. Here's hoping.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.