Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Second Touareg I have owned.....First was a 2012 Touareg TDI Executive....loved it but sold it back to VW during diesel gate.... took the money and bought a 2016 Touareg TDI Executive with 10k miles on it with the emissions software update. Car seemed great for a year or two....but seems "sluggish" without as much power as before....nothing close to the 2012 and actually seems pedestrian at best. Specifically it seems especially slow off the line and I have limited confidence in the power while under 30 MPH....seems fine above that.. I shared these comments with my service advisor...but he seems uninterested and doesn't really care. Does anyone have advice of a better way to explain this or first hand experience? Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Alltrack (GFG/6MT)
10 Posts
Get the KermaTDI tune. They’re the biggest diesel tuner and many users report a 10-20% INCREASE in gas mileage, as well as significantly increased throttle response / low end torque.

Also if you’ve owned that 2016 TDI for a few years and have specifically noticed it getting slower recently, your DPF could be clogging up. Id suggest some DPF cleaner additive in a tank and do a nice Italian tuneup for an hour on the highway (3K RPM+)

·
Registered
915 Posts
Second Touareg I have owned.....First was a 2012 Touareg TDI Executive....loved it but sold it back to VW during diesel gate.... took the money and bought a 2016 Touareg TDI Executive with 10k miles on it with the emissions software update. Car seemed great for a year or two....but seems "sluggish" without as much power as before....nothing close to the 2012 and actually seems pedestrian at best. Specifically it seems especially slow off the line and I have limited confidence in the power while under 30 MPH....seems fine above that.. I shared these comments with my service advisor...but he seems uninterested and doesn't really care. Does anyone have advice of a better way to explain this or first hand experience? Thanks
What mileage has yours done?

At 60k I cleaned out the inlet and the performance increased loads. Faster acceleration smoother and more mpg. I then fitted a Provent catch can to help stop it building up again.

(2) Soot inlet manifold. | Volkswagen Touareg Forum (mytreg.com)

(17) Carbon build up | Club Touareg Forum

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
(3)2004 V10tdi’s
968 Posts
Get the KermaTDI tune. They’re the biggest diesel tuner and many users report a 10-20% INCREASE in gas mileage, as well as significantly increased throttle response / low end torque.

Also if you’ve owned that 2016 TDI for a few years and have specifically noticed it getting slower recently, your DPF could be clogging up. Id suggest some DPF cleaner additive in a tank and do a nice Italian tuneup for an hour on the highway (3K RPM+)
Just a fair warning from people with experience with Kerma

·
Registered
2015 TDI Exec R-Line
1,201 Posts
Stay away from anything KermaTDI. Nothing but bad news and headaches.

I’m very happy with my Malone Stage 2 tune with emissions deletes (EGR, DPF, and SCR). Lots more power, no more adblue headaches, and overall better fuel economy if you can keep your foot out of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts