Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

Haven't posted in here for a while, I have been fighting the urge to not modify my egg...(however every vehicle I've owned I've ended up modifying in some sort of way) however after owning the Touareg for two years stock I have been starting to get bored of the vehicles overall look. I ended up finding a good deal on a set of 22" OZ Canyon's off a 2012 Porsche Cayenne that I just mounted up yesterday.

They came with Porsche TMPS that registered onto my Touraeg right away! and came with a set of Yokohama all seasons with decent tread life left.

I've attached a picture of how it currently looks!

The next picture attached is how I hope it turns out, after the front windows are tinted & and my H&R lowering springs are attached.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
They look great. How does the ride feel with 22inch rims, which wouldn't leave you much side wall compliance. I would expect the ride is quite firm.

Stuart...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stuart,

There honestly not as bad as I expected them to be! the ride is significantly stiffer I would approximate a 25% increase in ride stiffness.

I had a friend drive my vehicle as I sat in the back and it I could definitely feel an increase in stiffness riding in the back but in no means is it something thats tolerable.

I just ordered the springs today hopefully they arrive next week and I can report back with my impressions on those!

Hopefully it minimizes some of that wheel gap!

·
Registered
397 Posts
This is the height that you can expect with the H&R lowering springs:

Before the wheels were refinished, but at least on flat ground:

The wheels are 21" from a Cayenne Turbo S.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before the wheels were refinished, but at least on flat ground:

The wheels are 21" from a Cayenne Turbo S.
Thanks for images it really helps to visualize what its going to look like! I was expecting this package late next week but turns out shipping was way ahead of schedule!

If all goes well they may be installed as soon as tomorrow, so I will report back with my thoughts and more images of course!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thanks for images it really helps to visualize what its going to look like! I was expecting this package late next week but turns out shipping was way ahead of schedule!

If all goes well they may be installed as soon as tomorrow, so I will report back with my thoughts and more images of course!!

Nice! I can't wait to see pictures of them on. They do settle a little bit after a few days. I was hoping they would settle a little lower, but it's still much better than the factory height!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And its lowered!! I apologize in advance for the dirty vehicle, haven't had a chance to run it through a wash yet!

Initial impressions the vehicle feels alot more planted especially on highway ramps, It just makes me want to drive it alot faster, which could be a good thing or a bad thing

Heres a picture showing before & after;

I also have an appointment this Monday to tint the front windows, will report back if the weather permits with clean car pictures & tints applied!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay guys as promised had an opportunity to take some pictures today after a quick wash and detail!

Had the emblems put on today:

Here are some pictures of how it looks now with the new emblems and windows tinted!! I love the subtle sporty looks it gives off now!

·
Registered
146 Posts
This is the same setup I am after. I have 22" wheels now and was looking to find out the best drop. You didn't change the shocks correct?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Any update on how the H&R Springs are holding up? I'm thinking of installing them on my 14 TDI. Thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
Any update on how the H&R Springs are holding up? I'm thinking of installing them on my 14 TDI. Thanks
I had mine for roughly two years before turning the Touareg in. No issues.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts