Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a long time VAG driver, but have always had Audi (and still do). Used to have a 2007 Q7, now have a 2015 'reg, and brake wear sensors have tripped after only 13k miles. Seems ridiculously soon to be spending $1000 on brakes. What's the consensus for parts for fronts? Zimmerman? Centric? EBC? I don't have the time to do my own work anymore, dealer has quoted $270 for labor, and $980 for full front job.

Is 13k worth trying to get a warranty replacement? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
Get the parts and do it yourself. They are not that hard.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
If you really have only done 13,000 miles on those brakes then I would think something is wrong.

Some people have been disappointed to get 30K whilst other have managed 100K and more. As a general guide from being on Touareg sites for nearly ten years I would suggest it is not unreasonable in mixed driving to expect 60K.

I wonder if you have a sticking caliper or has the wear sensor got a duff connection? Disconnect and reseat the latter.

In any event I would go to a good brake shop and get them to measure the depth of friction material on the pads and also the thickness of the rotors.

They will determine which brakes are actually worn, front or rear or both, and whether you only need some new pads or rotors as well.

I come back to my first point, in my book, I think that at 13K something isn't right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts