Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks brand new to this forum. Im am away to be leasing a brand new Touareg R-line. I have a choice of 2-3 year lease. There is an optional payment for tyre cover. will a brand new touareg go through a set of tyres in 2-3 years?

our 2 year milage is 24K and 3 year is 36K. how long will the factory standard tyre last. is to worth paying this extra money??

Thanks

Dave T

·
Registered
993 Posts
I got 30k miles on OEM GY ls tires. They had some life left,but I was about to go on a 1500mi trip and didn't want a issue, BGT Michelin Lattitudes and am very happy with a choice. I would state I don't drive in snow,so you may have different needs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
One thing you need to specify is what the tread depth requirement for the tires at lease-end. I've seen 4/32" most often, but it is important to know, as typically, the requirement here is 4/32" across all parts of the tread, so any wear issue even with one spot at 3.5/32" would mess you up.

Something that I've done it the past when I knew that I wouldn't be within the limit at lease-end was to pay close attention to tire wear and replace the originals (but held on to them) when they still had 4.25/32" left, then swapped the originals back on for the lease return and kept the nearly new ones for future use. YMMV

·
Registered
337 Posts
I am at 19k miles are I just measured my tires a few weeks back at 3/32". These are the Goodyear OEM tires. I will probably replace here in the next couple thousand miles.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Hi folks brand new to this forum. Im am away to be leasing a brand new Touareg R-line. I have a choice of 2-3 year lease. There is an optional payment for tyre cover. will a brand new touareg go through a set of tyres in 2-3 years?

our 2 year milage is 24K and 3 year is 36K. how long will the factory standard tyre last. is to worth paying this extra money??

Thanks

Dave T
As others have said, check your lease end requirements.

It is highly unlikely, given that none of us know how you drive or where you drive, that you won't need to fit 4 new tyres if you intend covering 36K.

Replacing - but keeping - the lease tyres when half worn with a new set and then retrieving that set at the lease end [and selling them or using them on the new T5 that will be available in 2018!] by refitting the original tyres is a good wheeze.

There is also a UK Touareg site: www.mytreg.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts