Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't try to tell me the "extra" storage thing in front of the right cup-holder wasn't designed for dipping sauces!

OMG Perfect FIT!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Actually it's original intention was for the knob for vehicles fitted with air suspension.
Seems you've found the perfect use for your needs. I put my Zippo in it when I'm driving.

·
Registered
165 Posts
That's definitely a compelling use case. I'm too much of a slop-ass; I'd get the sauce all gummed up in the switch blanks next to it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I found, or more correctly the wife found, that you can store a pack of hot fresh nuts from buc-ee's gas station perfectly standing upright in it. (Its a cone shape of hot sugar roasted nuts)

If you don't know, you have to stop at one someday. Really

·
Registered
213 Posts
I found, or more correctly the wife found, that you can store a pack of hot fresh nuts from buc-ee's gas station perfectly standing upright in it. (Its a cone shape of hot sugar roasted nuts)

They used to (maybe still do) sell hot sugar & cinnamon coated pecans in the same cone shape at Solar Bears games.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I put a dixie cup in mine (fits perfectly) and use it as a mini garbage can. If I have to put something wet or sticky into it, I can just throw away the cup and insert a new one.

·
Registered
9 Posts

I discovered Buc-ee's on a recent trip to Galveston, that place is awesome! The best restrooms in Texas!

·
Registered
550 Posts
In hot climates it keeps you from sweating while the heat soaked vehicle cools down which could be 5-10 minutes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Had cooled seats on my GS350 F-sport before this treg, you truly miss what you no longer have. I have black exterior with cornsilk interior, I still step out most of the time with sweat back. Cooled seats are the best thing by far.

·
Registered
213 Posts
If you live in a 40 degree C climate they are a luxury....

I wish my ‘13 exec had them.
But if it is "dry heat" it is not nearly a bad. Both "feel" on your skin, and the rapidity of your A/C cooling at a much faster rate if it is not fighting moisture in the air.

We have 40 C "heat index" here for months on end. No big deal.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I’m talking 39 and 40 C before the heat index.

Also if you get right into the vehicle rather than pre cool it the sweat is instant on the seat regardless of how good the AC is. Ventilated seats brung the surface temperature of the seat down quicker and you don’t really sweat.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I’m talking 39 and 40 C before the heat index.

Also if you get right into the vehicle rather than pre cool it the sweat is instant on the seat regardless of how good the AC is. Ventilated seats brung the surface temperature of the seat down quicker and you don’t really sweat.
Where do you live? Usually actual temps that high are where heat index is not much above actual temp. The other day, it was 96 degrees (36C) and with the heat index was probably 110 (43C) and our A/C was broke. My ass was not "sweaty" when we got home with the windows open.

Here's a trick: when you 1st start out driving in a HOT car, open the windows fully for the 1st few minutes while A/C is on. Cools pretty quickly that way!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts