Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Touareg Hybrid
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was shopping for a truck for my daughter to use to pull a horse trailer, and fell in a rabbit hole...long story short, I'm the proud new owner of a 2012 Hybrid with 46000 miles, and she's gonna drive my Jetta most of the time.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
You'll most likely need to run a WD hitch for that kind of use as you'll have too much rear squat otherwise.
Congrats on the new rig.

·
Registered
2016 TDI Lux, white with beige interior
139 Posts
So I was shopping for a truck for my daughter to use to pull a horse trailer, and fell in a rabbit hole...long story short, I'm the proud new owner of a 2012 Hybrid with 46000 miles, and she's gonna drive my Jetta most of the time.
Your profile pic is of a polar bear [eisbär in German]. Do you also live in Alaska?

·
Registered
2012 Touareg Hybrid
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's really official now, I sold my Jetta TDI, so this is my only running vehicle. I'm not sure how I feel about driving a boat, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
If by boat you mean it's larger than the Jetta, yes it's a boat. If you mean by handling, your jetta has a slower skidpad than a Touareg, so definitely not a boat

How many spot horse trailer?

·
Registered
2012 Touareg Hybrid
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it certainly feels like it handles worse so far.

We're going to get a 2 horse slant load

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I hear you, but it's optics. It doesn't make sense that a 5k lb suv handles better than a 3100lb jetta, but it does.

The Touareg should pull that load fine

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would also say a skidpad time or lateral G is an objective number, handling is a subjective observation. I always felt the lighter weight of the Jetta (when we had one) made it feel like the better handling of the 2. The Touareg handles excellent for its size though. Example, the onramp I use is a big sweeping curve, I've had sedans (Malibu, camry) that will squeel tires around it at anything north of 45mph. I routinely drive the Touareg 60mph with no protest from the tires. The Jetta could carry a similar speed too.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Agreed. My mkiii gti and jetta both FELT like they were ferrari's because they weigh a measly 2600 lbs, but we know that's definitely not accurate lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts