Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Wes and my wife and I just picked up a 2011 Touareg TDI Execline! We love it so much!

I joined this club because I need some help to settle my mind about the rear camera not coming on? When I engage reverse, the camera usually comes on. Idk if it's because of the winter cold in Ottawa, Canada that is causing it to fail but lately it'll intermittently stop working.

Please let me know if any of you have experienced this, know of a fix or just want to say hi!

Thanks,
Wes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! Sounds great! All that salt :( Oh a question about that, have you rust proofed it? I got it Krown rustproofed and got them to drill it to add more oil coverage.. which voided my warranty for the body. Was kinda thinking that maybe that wasn't the best idea..but cool to hear that there was actually a warranty on the body, seems rare.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Hi.

Check the VW warranty rust terms. You did not miss out on much. Probably any rust would not have been covered. Your under body door sills are going to rust out in Canada. That is a given.

Better to stop the rust before it starts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great idea! Totally makes sense, I was just thinking I'm going to have to rust proof it..might as well just go all out!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Awesome! Sounds great! All that salt :( Oh a question about that, have you rust proofed it?
I'm waiting to have some initial repairs done before I do a Known treatment. I will indeed have them drill and apply to the cavities.

Your under body door sills are going to rust out in Canada. That is a given.
I've heard that it's a good idea to remove some drain plugs on those? Can't find where I saw that, though…

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm waiting to have some initial repairs done before I do a Known treatment. I will indeed have them drill and apply to the cavities.

I've heard that it's a good idea to remove some drain plugs on those? Can't find where I saw that, though…
Not sure but found one that was missing! I'll go back in the spring and ask. The owner of the Krown shop at 421 Catherine St said he only gets his done in the spring because it's the heat that starts the reaction of oxidation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts