Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I've been lurking on the forums since I bought my Touareg in June. It's a 2014 Lux TDI. It had ~3k mi when purchased and just roller over 16k. Fantastic vehicle (as you all know :). Its as comfortable as an Acura MDX I had and has plenty of reasonable range hp. Torque is phenomenal. I'm coming from a Jeep GC SRT8 so its not nearly that but I'm loving the mileage in the Treg.
-Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Welcome. It is cool you went ahead and picked up a TDI during the scandal. Hopefully they will be able to get at least the 2013 and newer ones fixed so we can keep driving these awesome machines.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My dad has a 2014 GC Summit 5.7 Hemi and I think was kind of annoyed at how cost effective these cars are. I have most of the bells and whistles that his Jeep has and it has been confirmed that the EAS in the Touareg is smoother riding.

Not to take away from your VW, but what year GC did you come from?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The scandal didn't worry me too much. I could keep a great car that I got at a good price or they'd make it right!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dad has a 2014 GC Summit 5.7 Hemi and I think was kind of annoyed at how cost effective these cars are. I have most of the bells and whistles that his Jeep has and it has been confirmed that the EAS in the Touareg is smoother riding.

Not to take away from your VW, but what year GC did you come from?
I had a 2014 GJC SRT8 in Alpine White. Supposedly they only made 400 for the US market. It had the black chrome spider monkey wheels. Really cool with great performance. My local dealer just couldn't service it. They managed to scratch 3 of 4 wheels when I got new tires! It wasn't comfortable on long trips due to the racing seats.

The day after I bought the Treg I drove to WY, 4500 miles in 10 days! Very comfortable and scary powerful going up the steepest grades!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had a 2014 GJC SRT8 in Alpine White. Supposedly they only made 400 for the US market. It had the black chrome spider monkey wheels. Really cool with great performance. My local dealer just couldn't service it. They managed to scratch 3 of 4 wheels when I got new tires! It wasn't comfortable on long trips due to the racing seats.

The day after I bought the Treg I drove to WY, 4500 miles in 10 days! Very comfortable and scary powerful going up the steepest grades!
That's what's so great about these modern diesels. They are so smooth and refined that they surprise the people who go from gasoline to diesel. Even when you think about the horsepower of your SRT, it takes a while to get there whereas the diesels are ready to rip at like 1800 rpm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts