Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just checking in here.
I just picked up a nice and clean 2007 Touareg V10 TDI. I have owned a lot of vehicles in my life and this is by far one of my favorites. I know it will be costly to maintain but it will be worth it. I also have a 1998 BMW M Roadster, so I am used to paying a premium for car parts, haha.

I'm sure I will be posting a lot on here as I get going with the Touareg.

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hey just checking in here.
I just picked up a nice and clean 2007 Touareg V10 TDI. I have owned a lot of vehicles in my life and this is by far one of my favorites. I know it will be costly to maintain but it will be worth it. I also have a 1998 BMW M Roadster, so I am used to paying a premium for car parts, haha.

I'm sure I will be posting a lot on here as I get going with the Touareg.
Welcome! What part of Indiana are you from? I live in Jeffersonville.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Well, if you ever feel like wheeling, or feel like getting rid of parts, I feel like you're the closest egg to me lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, if you ever feel like wheeling, or feel like getting rid of parts, I feel like you're the closest egg to me lol

What are the Specs on yours?

I got mine as a daily driver, BMW on nice days though. I also like to trailer the BMW to events so that's what I really wanted the "egg" for.

·
Registered
444 Posts
What are the Specs on yours?

I got mine as a daily driver, BMW on nice days though. I also like to trailer the BMW to events so that's what I really wanted the "egg" for.
I have a 2004 V8. All options. Airbags, and the 11 speaker stereo with the CD based navigation. I love mine.

On a side note I used to have a 1997 M3 5 speed coupe. Loved it. Got expensive though lol.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 2004 V8. All options. Airbags, and the 11 speaker stereo with the CD based navigation. I love mine.

On a side note I used to have a 1997 M3 5 speed coupe. Loved it. Got expensive though lol.

nice. I used to have a 95 M3 5 speed coupe. It was a fun car. I've had a lot of different cars though.

Have you upgraded your Navigation? I think mine is the CD based Navigation. I am looking into upgrading it though, because I can't easily hook my phone up to it to play music.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yeah, it's impossible to upgrade. Especially if you have the navigation. It's a gigantic wiring nightmare. I've actually got another post in the electronics section, asking for help. I did however order an adapter from Amazon, hopefully it will allow me to use the aux input on the radio. It connects in the back, and has a 5 ft chord. If that doesn't work, I also ordered another adapter from the Stealership. It comes in on Tues. If it fits, I'll send you information. The chord was like 8 bucks.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I wanted to switch it out for an Android-based navigation system which would drastically improve the array of options for connectivity. It won't work with the stock amplifier, there is no plug and play adapter. You'd lose the 11 speakers.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, it's impossible to upgrade. Especially if you have the navigation. It's a gigantic wiring nightmare. I've actually got another post in the electronics section, asking for help. I did however order an adapter from Amazon, hopefully it will allow me to use the aux input on the radio. It connects in the back, and has a 5 ft chord. If that doesn't work, I also ordered another adapter from the Stealership. It comes in on Tues. If it fits, I'll send you information. The chord was like 8 bucks.

I wanted to switch it out for an Android-based navigation system which would drastically improve the array of options for connectivity. It won't work with the stock amplifier, there is no plug and play adapter. You'd lose the 11 speakers.

ahh that's always a pain. I had a similar issue in my BMW. I had all of the interior out (including carpet) for another reason and decided to totally remove all of the factory speakers, head unit, amp, and wires and run all of my own. But I am not interested in removing my entire interior in the Touareg haha. So far I have just used an Audio to AV cable plugged into the glove box AV plugs and just switch it to CD and it lets me play music from my phone, but I have no control over it other than from my phone. I'd really like the screen to be touchscreen in the dash.
Have you spoken to anyone at Crutchfield? They are generally pretty knowledgeable on these things. It may not be easy but there has to be a way to replace that thing!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found a page on here that someone was able to upgrade their system. I cant post the link or send it in a PM yet because I don't have enough posts. So looks like I have to post whore a bit to get myself unrestricted.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
It's a very daft rule imposed upon this site and none of the tecchie people seem to care that you also can't see helpful threads in signatures like mine either, so just post three more posts containing a few words: we'll know what you are trying to do to get to post #11 when you should then be good to go!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a very daft rule imposed upon this site and none of the tecchie people seem to care that you also can't see helpful threads in signatures like mine either, so just post three more posts containing a few words: we'll know what you are trying to do to get to post #11 when you should then be good to go!
hah yeah, I have thousands of posts on numerous other forums. But Ill get there haha. I hate just filling up threads with junk.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Crutchfield recommended an adapter that replaced the CD changer. Not that I really need that anyway, but I would prefer to fill up the changer with navigation disks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f45/2004-cd-nav-upgrade-success-sound-from-all-11-speakers-125202.html

I found this using a google search. SO it can be done. But looks like you will have to cut your factory harness as an adapter harness does not exist. I have had to do that before on my 95 RX-7 I had. It's really not difficult if you are good with a multi meter. I haven't had my car for a week yet so I am not ready to start messing things up haha. I really would like to upgrade the Nav though. Maybe some day down the road. I should probably just focus on keeping the V10 in good health and put my energy into my M roadster.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yeah, i read that too. It seems like alot of work. I'm not ready to start butchering it yet either

·
Registered
48 Posts
Venom13132, congrats on getting a V10! I've been keeping an eye out for one. Did you happen to pick yours up from Yark in Toledo? If you did, I think it's the same one a test drove a few weeks ago (just because it was close and I had never driven one). I know they can be expensive to keep up but it's an amazing machine to drive!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts