Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -

Just got a new 2016 TDI (Grey) and am looking for some ideas for wheels in 19's or 20's. Looked around this forum but didn't seem to find a thread of pictures. Would love to see pictures of what people have - OEM or aftermarket.

Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Click on User CP to update your profile with your location and model.

Stick to 20s if you really must change your wheels for a cheaper wider selection of tyres over 19s.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Click on User CP to update your profile with your location and model.

Stick to 20s if you really must change your wheels for a cheaper wider selection of tyres over 19s.

Updated profile - Thanks.

I don't have to change but I plan on putting a set of winter tires on the stock 18's. I'll look at 20's but still would like to see pictures if anyone has different wheels.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just bought mine with the 19" Mallory wheel in what I call Anthracite or Dark Silver. That would look good on a gray Treg.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I'll kick the pictures off.........................20 X 9" Audi Q7 rims, (centrecaps no longer have the Audi rings).

TonyB

Attachments

·
Registered
996 Posts
Why not go on tirerack.com and "try on" some rims? You can even select your car colour.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just bought mine with the 19" Mallory wheel in what I call Anthracite or Dark Silver. That would look good on a gray Treg.

Thanks. Googled that wheel and that would work.

I'll kick the pictures off.........................20 X 9" Audi Q7 rims, (centrecaps no longer have the Audi rings).

Thanks for the picture. Looks good.

TonyB
Why not go on tirerack.com and "try on" some rims? You can even select your car colour.

I have and will continue to do so but I like to see actual pictures when possible. Gives me a better idea.

·
Registered
37 Posts

I have these 18” from RTXwheels. They are called Augsburg offset 57 8.5” by 18”

The tires are Nordman 7 SUV 255/60R18 112T specifically winter tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
996 Posts
My T3 is very light gray, but here it is with 20" Advanti Racing Prodigo's. They are currently plastidipped - 4 coats of black, 2 coats of blue metallizer and 2 coats of glossifier. Originally they were black with machined front face as shown on my T2.

Attachments

·
Registered
996 Posts
The only problem with plastidip is the wheels get dirty really quick. It's hard to see the blue in my previous photo. I'll try to take a better shot of them. But they essentially look like the one on the left:

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi All -

Just got a new 2016 TDI (Grey) and am looking for some ideas for wheels in 19's or 20's. Looked around this forum but didn't seem to find a thread of pictures. Would love to see pictures of what people have - OEM or aftermarket.

Thanks, Rob
These might not be just what you had in mind. They're just some aftermarket 18's w/ blizzaks 255/55/18. They should be a good combo for this winter.

The clearcoat on them was starting to peel, so I had them powder coated. The finish is guaranteed not to peel. We'll see, winters around here are pretty hard on wheels ( and cars).

I was really happy with the result so, I did the stockers too.

At least you can see how different stuff looks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm confused! I've read this thread on 2 different browsers and the pics show up on the first and not so much on the 2nd.

Sooooo let me repeat;

#2;

and #3;

I know this is off topic but, for some reason I can't delete the thumbnail at the end of post... any suggestions
Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm confused! I've read this thread on 2 different browsers and the pics show up on the first and not so much on the 2nd.

Sooooo let me repeat;

I know this is off topic but, for some reason I can't delete the thumbnail at the end of post... any suggestions
Thanks

Thanks for the pictures. This forum has been acting up on me where I am not seeing recent posts right away.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Better shot of the blue

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts