Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

Just picked up my new Touareg, '04 V6 Reed Green with beige leatherette interior. Upgrades are xeon lights and sound upgrade, monster rubber floor mats and cargo liner, that's all.

I came out of a '00 BMW 7 series and I must say, I am incredibly impressed with the build quality and fit/finish of the Touareg. Flawless.

I do miss the power of the V8 but all in all, the V6 performs fine. This is one heavy vehicle! The handling and firmness of the Touareg makes me feel secure with the family in the vehicle.

I am currently in the process of hardwiring my iPod with the non-Nav radio. I'm looking forward to uniteruped MP3 bliss as opposed to commercial radio ;-)

I've put 1500 miles on the Touareg in a little over 10 days. No problems outside of a little steering wheel vibration at speeds over 70MPH, and the manual seat height adjustment. Seems like the seat lowers itself overnight and I have to readjust each morning. I'll have the dealership look into these items during the first service.

Speaking of the dealership, I purchased mine at Billco VW in Wexford, PA. Outstanding service and customer treatment. I believe these folks understand what VW is trying to accomplish with these new vehicles (Touareg, Phaeton, W8) and my hats are off to them for delivering on the promise. As for VWoA, they need a lot of help.

If anyone from the Pittsburgh or surronding area is interested, lets plan on putting together a Touareg late summer ride. Maybe we can all meet at Ohio Pyle State Park for a picnic/cook-out and get together and do a little off road riding!

Joe

'04 Touareg Reed Green/Beige

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Welcome aboard -- you and I have similar vehicles except I have the Kristal grey interior.

I also have:

*VW Monster Mats
*VW Cargo Mat
*Llumar front-side windows tinted
*European Headlight switch

You should come to the Northeast Fall Colors TOUAREG rally in Oct.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not aware of the Northeast fall color Touareg ralley. Can you tell me about it or point me to where I can get registration or other information?

Sounds like it would be a spectacular fall event!

Joe

·
Registered
21 Posts
jmarnell said:
Hello All!

Just picked up my new Touareg, '04 V6 Reed Green with beige leatherette interior. Upgrades are xeon lights and sound upgrade, monster rubber floor mats and cargo liner, that's all.

I came out of a '00 BMW 7 series and I must say, I am incredibly impressed with the build quality and fit/finish of the Touareg. Flawless.

I do miss the power of the V8 but all in all, the V6 performs fine. This is one heavy vehicle! The handling and firmness of the Touareg makes me feel secure with the family in the vehicle.

I am currently in the process of hardwiring my iPod with the non-Nav radio. I'm looking forward to uniteruped MP3 bliss as opposed to commercial radio ;-)

I've put 1500 miles on the Touareg in a little over 10 days. No problems outside of a little steering wheel vibration at speeds over 70MPH, and the manual seat height adjustment. Seems like the seat lowers itself overnight and I have to readjust each morning. I'll have the dealership look into these items during the first service.

Speaking of the dealership, I purchased mine at Billco VW in Wexford, PA. Outstanding service and customer treatment. I believe these folks understand what VW is trying to accomplish with these new vehicles (Touareg, Phaeton, W8) and my hats are off to them for delivering on the promise. As for VWoA, they need a lot of help.

If anyone from the Pittsburgh or surronding area is interested, lets plan on putting together a Touareg late summer ride. Maybe we can all meet at Ohio Pyle State Park for a picnic/cook-out and get together and do a little off road riding!

Joe

'04 Touareg Reed Green/Beige
Joe,
Are you still out there? I'm from New Kensington and I just got my Treg two weeks ago and I love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.