Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, Purchased a 2006 touareg last week, really impressed with the car, far beyond expectations and far superior to a volvo xc90 that I was about to purchase . A few little niggles, rear parking sensors just through up red lights at end of display, front ones work 75% of the time, seen from docs that previous owner was quoted €250 to replace faulty sensor so guess that was not done. Thanks to this forum I have siurced a replacement sensor from Poland at really good price, ordered 2 in case, will fit myself. Is there anything else I should investigate sensor wise. I think I will buy a VAG kit, seen dome on eBay but read reviews and as wife has alhambra might be investment to get a Ross tech my feeling is that the co stand rain here is playing fun either the sensor yolk especially if there is a weak spot. Cheers.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there

I've got some problems with my front sensors for a change... 5 of them seem to be not working so might need to purchase new ones. You wrote that bought cheap sensors from Poland... Were there genuine VW sensors or universal ones that can be fitted in Touareg? Were there working properly after being fitted in? The reason why I'm asking is because I was told that I must get the oryginal VW sensors in order for me car to be able to read them.... It seems like a lot of money needs to be spent so was wondering if the universal sensors would do their job...

Thank you
Joanna

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.