Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Golf TDI now looking for a TDI Touared. Don't know much about them I now live in Snow Country North California. GOLF is great up to about 6inches of snow. I would like information on best year and diesel engine.

Thanks John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Tommi,
With the 4 cylinder TDI some years are better than others power PERFORMANCE models options maintenance reliability etc. Same goes for the production vehicle generation.
I'm not going to purchase a new vehicle
As far as budget, that's not an issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm new to this group. I have one post looking for information. Am I missing something or has no one else replied?
Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
The original T1 V10 TDI has a lot of power but can be a maintenance nightmare. It is too stuffed in there to work on.

The 3.0 TDI V6 was in the 2009-2010 T2 Touareg. If you need a low range transfer case then this is your vehicle.

The same 3.0 V6 TDI was in the T3 Touareg in 2011-2012. The T3 is a bit lighter and no low range transfer case. Also recieved a 8 speed transmission instead of the older 6 speed. Gets a little bit better fuel economy.

2013? They redesigned the 3.0 V6 TDI. Has more power, supposed to be a bit better. Better fuel economy. Aftermarket tuning companies are able to get more power out of this newer generation 3.0

I'm not aware of any reliability issues with either generation 3.0. Maybe others have.

So other than in my opinion avoiding the V10 TDI it depends on your wants/needs/requirements.

I've only had my T3 TDI for a few months but I came from having a 2000 TDI Golf then 2 TDI B5.5 Passats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts