Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
greetings,

new to me 2010 touareg 3.0 tdi. this replaces my 2013 golf 2.0 tdi (now the wifey's). the golf tdi is malone stage two, full delete, lifted on tiguan springs, koni's all around and a decent amount of 034 stuff among other tidbits. I had my local garage rebuild the golf suspension a year ago to carry 200lbs of tools daily. that lifted setup was working very well till I got into winter camping and the choice was clear I needed a much larger vehicle with 4wd. this was the year touareg I have wanted for a longtime. I am glad to have found it purely by luck and didn't end up in a Q7 gasser which I think I would have not liked in the long run.

this touareg isn't perfect but it has good bones. it is still cleaner and better than most touaregs this age I see on CL. it was was well loved and taken care of by the previous three owners and it shows. it came with a new drive shaft, tires, new battery and front brakes. it needs front hood struts and a new headliner big time but at least the leather door card inserts are still bonded and intact. the 20" wheels need to go away soon...I like the look and ride but the sidewall is way too short IMHO for new england winters and new england roads in general.

this treg sat for a longtime with moisture inside the cabin judging from the patina on 12v outlets and the amount ofrust on some of the fasteners under the rear seats. it might also explain why someone changed out all of the interior lamps for god awful 6000k leds. after the headliner is addressed the current LED's will be swapped out for a normal warmer spectrum lamps. this treg has been around the country 1.5 times judging from the cleanest carfax I have ever seen.

I have already given it the full treatment as the golf tdi so it is also malone tuned and breaths well :)

I have a great local garage that services our two tdi's, the golf and the wifey's jetta (now replaced with the touareg). I have had a vag-com unit for 3-4 years now and know my way around the audi/vw matrix having spent a lot of time working under them in the past...I doubt I would even touch a touareg if I didn't already have the audi/vw experience under my belt...because sometimes it takes more than a big wallet to fix a VW/Audi...sometimes you need to just know how they work as a whole.

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Sky

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Tachometer

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Gear shift Automotive design

Car Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Car seat cover

Wheel Tire Car Automotive tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Welcome broken yoke. Looks like you found a nice Touareg - congrats!

Tires….. I run 265-65-18s on my Touareg and it handles great in “the Hub” - remember that big blizzard we had last Jan-Feb (2022) that closed Boston for a few days? Well, my Touareg got around just fine in it with those tires. Oh, my tires are on OEM rims, and I have a full size spare that gets rotated thru the mix regularly.

wicked that you have a reliable shop. From my experience DO NO GO TO Colonial VW - they dont have a clue when it comes to Touaregs. I went there for a headlight bulb, 3 months later it quit working so went to a different VW Dealer to fix it - they fixed it at no charge because Colonial VW didnt plug the wires back in correctly — yep.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Nice looking Treg and welcome. When you address the headliner I would have removed and drive it around for a week or more without to see if there are any leaks in sunroof drains and or roof rails.
Also I would address hatch struts when you have the headliner out yourself as will save lots of money and the hard part of the job is the headliner drop (which you would have removed.

I just addressed water issues in the interior of my 2008 V8 and it is exhausting. Best to address without headliner as that would have been my preference. The rear sunroof drain tubes are notorious for leaking at the end near the sunroof cassette where the tube has a plastic nipple added to snap on to the cassette. The leak can be slow and hard to find (I had mine for 5 years before it got bad enough to track down) and pretty easy to fix to.

Anyways welcome and your Treg looks really nice. Silver is a great color to maintain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice looking Treg and welcome. When you address the headliner I would have removed and drive it around for a week or more without to see if there are any leaks in sunroof drains and or roof rails.
Also I would address hatch struts when you have the headliner out yourself as will save lots of money and the hard part of the job is the headliner drop (which you would have removed.
thanks and yes, sunroof drains were already on the list. I did think briefly once about the rear hatch struts. now that you have seconded it I will add to list.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Nice looking ride

1 - 7 of 7 Posts