Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all just bought my 1st Volkswagen. In my 36yrs of driving 2008 Touareg 4.2 fsi I'm liking it still working out some kinks with it real good deal one owner vehicle

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Take the time to read this thread to get up to speed on older Touaregs:

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Welcome ronaldjordan124
Keeping your FSI V8 well maintained can cost a bit, as far as I am concerned it is worth it tho.
If you can do maintenance yourself that is great. And if you plan to do your own repairs you probably will find the Advanced Search very helpful and there are many club members who can help too

in your Profile please add Signature that includes year and model Touareg. It will make life a lot easier if everyone sees that automatically in your posts.

how many miles are on your Touareg?
do you plan for your Touareg as a daily driver, off roader, vacation rig?

again welcome to Club Touareg!

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,034 Posts
Hello to all just bought my 1st Volkswagen. In my 36yrs of driving 2008 Touareg 4.2 fsi I'm liking it still working out some kinks with it real good deal one owner vehicle
Hello and welcome to the forums.
Congrats on your purchase.
If you plan on keeping it a while I would recommend that you purchase a genuine VCDS cable to help you with any faults that might arise and also to code modules for more features.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome ronaldjordan124
Keeping your FSI V8 well maintained can cost a bit, as far as I am concerned it is worth it tho.
If you can do maintenance yourself that is great. And if you plan to do your own repairs you probably will find the Advanced Search very helpful and there are many club members who can help too

in your Profile please add Signature that includes year and model Touareg. It will make life a lot easier if everyone sees that automatically in your posts.

how many miles are on your Touareg?
do you plan for your Touareg as a daily driver, off roader, vacation rig?

again welcome to Club Touareg!
Thank you for the warm welcome first all still learning how to navigate the site
But yes we will be using it as a daily driver / weekend Rig it is a 2008 T2 4.2 fsi Nav package 173k in miles Galapagos Grey dark grey leather 1 owner prior to me the engine and transmission. Are both solid have just changed water pump and thermostat to metal impeller have not taken out as of yet to see if that stops the vehicle from rising above the 200 mark on the temp A/C is being tempermental we are Californians live in the high desert ..it's 99 degrees at 430 as we speak so trying to figure out the Air con issue to go test it out

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello and welcome to the forums.
Congrats on your purchase.
If you plan on keeping it a while I would recommend that you purchase a genuine VCDS cable to help you with any faults that might arise and also to code modules for more features.
Yes I'm concidering keeping it for a while overall it's solid jus trying to work out the bugs ..head lights coolant issue and A/C intermittent..I'm still trying to learn how to navigate thru the site aswell

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I'm concidering keeping it for a while overall it's solid jus trying to work out the bugs ..head lights coolant issue and A/C intermittent..I'm still trying to learn how to navigate thru the site aswell
Also concidering a Vcds cable currently I use a launch X431 Pro to diagnosis as we have several other German vehicles it works well so far

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thank you jus checked that thread I'm dealing with possibly one or two of those issues as we speak

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,034 Posts
If you use the "Search Community" rectangle at the top center of the page and type in keywords related to the problem(s) your dealing with, it'll pull up threads that you might find relevant and helpful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you use the "Search Community" rectangle at the top center of the page and type in keywords related to the problem(s) your dealing with, it'll pull up threads that you might find relevant and helpful.
Ok I'll take a look as we speak ..looks like the water pump and thermostat cured the temp rising issue it was 93 degrees gauge stayed at 200 won't know for sure until it's taken in highway but for now it's a Win

1 - 10 of 10 Posts