Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I very recently purchased a 2014 TDI Lux - I am very happy with it so far. I have a few quick questions I hope someone can help me with.

1. My memory seat button does not appear to work. I press the SET button - but i never get the LED light to make a setting. I have pushed the numbers anyway - but nothing is saved. I have noticed that the mirrors must have been saved by the prior owners - they keep adjusting every time I get in the car. Does this mean a seat memory switch to do I need to have all previous settings wiped?

2. Don't these come with TPMS? I cannot find any tire pressure readings in the IP. All I see are fuel economy and mileage info. Am i looking in the wrong place?

3. At the bottom of the IP between the mileage and trip odometer - my car gives my speed in k./hr. Is this normal? I have tried to set everything to Miles, etc - but I can't ever seem to get this to change.

4. I have filled up the car with fuel twice now - it seems like each time I do that, i get a check engine light - which then goes away the next day. When I bought it, the dealer was kind enough to fill it up for me, but they did not put the fuel cap on correctly. I guessed this was the source of the first light, however, I filled it to just over 1/2 a tank yesterday and the light returned with a few hours. It went out again this morning. Does anyone know what might be causing this or what I am doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for your help!

TnTregtdi

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new purchase, you chose an amazing car.
1. Please follow this guy's instructions, as I had the same problem and it worked for me. http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/#/topics/231057
2. It should appear on the MFI under the VEHICLE category. If it's not there, bad news. I even got a slashed tire and it didn't complain.
3. It's normal. If you want to get rid of it, go to VEHICLE on your MFI, press the menu button and scroll all the way down. You will find a checkbox, I don't remember what it's called, but there is only one. Select it and the km/h display is gone.
4. It's an error related to emissions. It should go away in a few days. If it does not, it can be deleted through VCDS. Also, turn the gas cap until it clicks.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hello,

I very recently purchased a 2014 TDI Lux - I am very happy with it so far. I have a few quick questions I hope someone can help me with.

1. My memory seat button does not appear to work. I press the SET button - but i never get the LED light to make a setting. I have pushed the numbers anyway - but nothing is saved. I have noticed that the mirrors must have been saved by the prior owners - they keep adjusting every time I get in the car. Does this mean a seat memory switch to do I need to have all previous settings wiped?

2. Don't these come with TPMS? I cannot find any tire pressure readings in the IP. All I see are fuel economy and mileage info. Am i looking in the wrong place?

3. At the bottom of the IP between the mileage and trip odometer - my car gives my speed in k./hr. Is this normal? I have tried to set everything to Miles, etc - but I can't ever seem to get this to change.

4. I have filled up the car with fuel twice now - it seems like each time I do that, i get a check engine light - which then goes away the next day. When I bought it, the dealer was kind enough to fill it up for me, but they did not put the fuel cap on correctly. I guessed this was the source of the first light, however, I filled it to just over 1/2 a tank yesterday and the light returned with a few hours. It went out again this morning. Does anyone know what might be causing this or what I am doing wrong?

TnTregtdi
Out of curiosity, what's the latest with the TDI Touareg market? How do these get registered etc? Did VW apply a "fix" to these in order to keep them on the road or what? I pretty much thought that VW was buying all these back and scrapping them. Just before posting this I did an US-wide Autotrader search for Touareg TDi and there's bunch out there and they're not cheap!

·
Registered
20,262 Posts
Also, turn the gas cap until it clicks.
As above but for God's sake [and your wallet] make sure it's DIESEL and NOT gas, and use a good quality brand from a filling station that moves its fuel and not some out of the way place that doesn't turn its stock over!!

There have been some catastrophic fuel system failures on the later 3.0Tdi which can run out at about $16,000 to repair.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know all the details. But I have been wanting one of these for years - the timing just happen to work out for me to find this one. I heard that a "fix" was kinda approved - but I am not sure of the details. I will report back as I learn more about mine.

Yes the values for the TDI models remain strong. I suspected VW would kill the Treg in the US when the Atlas was announced. When I learned there would be no diesel option for the Atlas - I knew the supply for TDI's would get tight very quick. I wanted to secure one - before they were impossible to get. Because they have sold in such low numbers - the supply/demand effects are being felt. In some cases, the Treg TDI's I found were just as much as a Cayanne or Q7. I didn't really want either of those...so I feel lucky to have found this one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As above but for God's sake [and your wallet] make sure it's DIESEL and NOT gas, and use a good quality brand from a filling station that moves its fuel and not some out of the way place that doesn't turn its stock over!!

There have been some catastrophic fuel system failures on the later 3.0Tdi which can run out at about $16,000 to repair.
LOL- for sure. On my very first fill up, I rolled up to a station with dedicated diesel pumps. Usually there is just one "pump" to use, but this one had 2. One said ULSD the other just said diesel. Maybe they both were Ultra low - but I was not 100% convinced. So I left! I went a few more miles down the road to another one that eliminated the guess work for me. I was a bit paranoid after the first fill up.

I will certainly take your advice - I will find a place I trust and use that as much as possible.

These are amazing machines - I drove over 1000 miles (95% highway) home when I bought it. When I made the first fuel stop, I had 600 miles on the trip odometer and still had a little over 1/4 of a tank of fuel on the gauge with over 100 miles of range left. According to the display I avg. 28.9 mpg! My wifes 2011 Acura MDX will barely get 20 mpg hwy if I keep the speed around 70 mph. The Treg is getting 25 mpg running around town - the MDX gets 16 mpg in the city. I have done better in a Ford Expedition!

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
20,262 Posts
Ah, that reminds me. Always fill up at a quarter full. Hot fuel ( it's been pressurised) that the engine doesn't want gets returned to the fuel tank. It does go through a cooler but it's been suggested it also relies upon cooling upon admixture with the cooler fuel in the fuel tank and running it close to empty removes this added margin for cooling.

There''s a long thread on HPFP ( high pressure fuel pump) failures on here somewhere.

Don't worry too much though - enjoy the car!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah, that reminds me. Always fill up at a quarter full. Hot fuel ( it's been pressurised) that the engine doesn't want gets returned to the fuel tank. It does go through a cooler but it's been suggested it also relies upon cooling upon admixture with the cooler fuel in the fuel tank and running it close to empty removes this added margin for cooling.

There''s a long thread on HPFP ( high pressure fuel pump) failures on here somewhere.

Don't worry too much though - enjoy the car!
1/4 tank - got it - should not be a problem...Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
update - issues resolved

All Issues resolved...I thought I would provide an update for the issues I had questions about...

Hello,

*for some reason there were no basic settings in the module for seat memory - dealer reset (at no charge) and now memory for seats and mirrors work fine...

*yes, I was looking in the wrong place - found it - all good now.

*found this - setting changed

*code indicated the AdBlue heater was not functioning properly...apparently there is some extended coverage on this - so it was replace under warranty. No charge.

TnTregtdi

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.