Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit a chunk of metal, or Freddy Crougar, on Sunday and ruined 2 of tires. So had to get 4 new ones today. I decided to go bigger this time amd went with 275/55 20 good year ultraterrains. Just fit with the 2" lift.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Wood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,871 Posts
Damn those are some pretty wicked gashes on the old tires.
The new ones look like they fill in the gap nicely. Do they only rub on full turn?

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't hear any rubbing, but it does just kiss the front enough to make a shiny spot. A little heat gun work would resolve it. Most likely I will forget about it and do nothing.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's the ****ty part. Oh well.
I would almost feel better if I at least knew what the hell I ran over. I was just rolling down the highway, not other cars around. I like to think I am pretty observant, but I saw nothing on the road. I should have stayed home but noooo, I wanted a new blade for my tile saw. Dam expensive blade it turned into.

· Registered
31 Posts
Those look beefy!! I ran nitto terra grappler G2s on a 2015 ram 3500 and got 80k miles out of them and they still had some life. Plan on getting them for the treg as well just haven’t been able to find some decent 18” wheels I like. Mine isn’t lifted so squeezing the same size you’re running wouldn’t work. How do you like your tires so far?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts