Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Just took delivery of a MY16 R-Line Touareg yesterday in Canyon Grey. Lovely car and I think a good choice as a tow / cruiser.

I have a few questions though.

I was disappointed to see that it doesn't have auto dipping headlights. The manual refers to it but the setting isn't available in the infotainment. 1st world problem I know, but is this right or should the option be available? I miss it having had that on our last vehicle and living in the country, it was useful.

Also - we noticed that when putting the car in Park and then applying the elec car brake it moves about five seconds later - problematic when trying to hitch a trailer on a very (very) slight incline in our barn - it means its really easy to accidently dink the rear bumper with the trailer hitch. Applying park brake first, may be the solution but thought I'd hear your thoughts on this....?

Fantastic diesel and a lovely drive!

Thanks folks!

Alex.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,608 Posts
we noticed that when putting the car in Park and then applying the elec car brake it moves about five seconds later - problematic when trying to hitch a trailer on a very (very) slight incline in our barn - it means its really easy to accidently dink the rear bumper with the trailer hitch. Applying park brake first, may be the solution but thought I'd hear your thoughts on this....?
Hi Alex,

Welcome mate.

I find the same issue with ours and I engage the park brake (foot operated) before engaging "P" with the shifter. otherwise, the gearbox will 'settle' against the cogs after selecting P.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hi folks,

Just took delivery of a MY16 R-Line Touareg yesterday in Canyon Grey. Lovely car and I think a good choice as a tow / cruiser.
Hi Alex, Can you please supply the build date and compliance date on your Treg?

Also, which dealer did you pick it up from and what was your experience with them?

·
Registered
42 Posts
My 2015 R Line is supposed to have them but unsure if it does as I tend to dip my lights early rather than later.

Will check next time I'm out after dark.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Build Nov '15 and compliance Jan/Feb '16 from memory...
Mine will be Oct Build and Mar compliance.

Must have took longer with mine. Any theories as to why mine would have taken 2 months longer to get compliance places put on.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Mine will be Oct Build and Mar compliance.

Must have took longer with mine. Any theories as to why mine would have taken 2 months longer to get compliance places put on.
WVGZZZ7PZGD015492 arrived in Melbourne docks on 9-Dec-2015. How do I find out why it sat on the docks for 3 months?

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,608 Posts
WVGZZZ7PZGD015492 arrived in Melbourne docks on 9-Dec-2015. How do I find out why it sat on the docks for 3 months?
This could be due to many reasons.
If the vehicle arrived "un-allocated" (that is...not identified to be sold to any particular person, but just surplus/dealership stock), then it may have been put in some obscure location at the Patrick holding yard.

Patricks due the compliance plate installation etc, and because there was no 'order' from a dealership, it may have sat there un-noticed, until someone ordered the car.

When did you place the order with your dealership for your Touareg?

·
Registered
501 Posts
This could be due to many reasons.
If the vehicle arrived "un-allocated" (that is...not identified to be sold to any particular person, but just surplus/dealership stock), then it may have been put in some obscure location at the Patrick holding yard.

Patricks due the compliance plate installation etc, and because there was no 'order' from a dealership, it may have sat there un-noticed, until someone ordered the car.

When did you place the order with your dealership for your Touareg?
It will be an insurance replacement for my written off MY15. Apparently VW Camberwell already had it in stock. it is currently in their holding yards for around a month.

Hopefully it is your theory that it was unallocated stock and was sitting at the docks waiting for a dealer to secure it.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,608 Posts
'theory' is based on my experience as "Asset/Pre-Delivery Manager" for a VW Dealership (in a past life)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Forgot to add, Ballarat dealer (guessing you'll be in the city). Not great really - they delivered the car with a recall outstanding, without checking alignment and the heated steering wheel is lukewarm at best (previous Jeep's one was nice and toasty - nice to haev out here!).

Also had them fit the tow bar and the trailer indicators don't work (may be as they are LED but my understanding was this wasn't an issue after 2014 models - either way, they should have known this).

Also asked them about the rolling after the parking brake was applied and they didn't seem very knowledgeable - my old man in the UK asked his VW dealer and they were very clued on with a detailed reply.

So that probably paints the picture. First impressions and all - hopefully not a taste of things to come!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Forgot to add, Ballarat dealer (guessing you'll be in the city). Not great really - they delivered the car with a recall outstanding, without checking alignment and the heated steering wheel is lukewarm at best (previous Jeep's one was nice and toasty - nice to haev out here!).

Also had them fit the tow bar and the trailer indicators don't work (may be as they are LED but my understanding was this wasn't an issue after 2014 models - either way, they should have known this).

Also asked them about the rolling after the parking brake was applied and they didn't seem very knowledgeable - my old man in the UK asked his VW dealer and they were very clued on with a detailed reply.

So that probably paints the picture. First impressions and all - hopefully not a taste of things to come!
sorry to hear the experience has not been great. I will have to get them to do the recall as well.

Steering pulling to the left used to do my head in until VW Waverley got it right. Test it on a level freeway. Should drive straight as soon as you take hands off.

The heated steering should be quite warm. Used to like it on cold mornings.

Get used to putting transmission into neutral, and then putting your hand brake on, taking your foot oof the brake, and then putting iit in park. Should minimize any rollback.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks - hopefully they will sort promptly and all will be good going forward. I remain optimistic!

Appreciate the rolling tip - it's an issue when lining up our horse float so hopefully your suggestion will help the other half.

Recall is for the brake clip - hope your delivery is smooth sailing...

Thanks again - Alex.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts